Mbella Dipoko--A Poem of Villeneuve St. Georges

A fabulous set of Possets commemorating and inspired by works by such poetic geniuses as Dickinson, Ginsberg, Whitman, and more.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mbella Dipoko--A Poem of Villeneuve St. Georges

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "One of the most renowned of the Cameroon poets, Dipoko writes about his lady love in the French village. This is a sad, tragic, and poignant perfume. I think "blue" when I smelled this one. A perfect summer fragrance, light but lingering. Blue musk and blueberry, crystal musk and Meyer lemon zest. This would be pretty to make love in on a hot day. Afterwards, you would feel wholly refreshed. This perfume was created while I was thinking of an old love which had gone sour for me. I recently found out the he was dead and though it all fell apart long ago, there is something which remains. His favorite color was purple."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Mbella Dipoko--A Poem of Villeneuve St. Georges

Post by hill78 »

In the bottle....not nearly as sweet as I was afraid it would be. The blueberry almost frightened me off, because sometimes it can be too cloying and candy sweet in perfumes. The lemon zest seems to be balancing that out here. On the skin....this is so PRETTY! It is lovely and lemony, and a bit sweet and blueberry-ish (but not too much), and that great blue musk is there beneath the fruit notes, gently lifting them up and giving them a more mature vibe (keep this from being too girly). This is a fantastic summery fragrance. Wishing I had ordered a 10ml. Will almost certainly need a back-up.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Ahhhh perfect. I waffled on it for the very reasons you mentioned. Looks like this will be going in the cart soon!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Wore this for a full ride today. So pretty! Very feminine, but not little girly. I was afraid that the blueberry would turn this into something childlike and candyish. I am pleased to say that it isn't at all childish or fake blueberry candy. Really pretty, light, and wonderfully summery.
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

I'm a bit sad. I don't get any blueberry at all. Just a nice green citrus blend. It is very lovely though. :heluvme:
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

I'm wearing this for a second time today, and now I'm getting a grape scent but still no blueberry. It is extremely lovely though. It is nice for a hot summer day.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I keep looking for my ultimate blueberry scent because it is my favorite fruit. Unfortunately Villeneuve is just too much lemon. I want a blueberry scent with grey or blue musk, amber, sandalwood and some resins like frankincense, a blueberry incense scent. This is a very pretty citrus, blueberry scent and the musk is perfect. The sillage is moderate and the longevity is good.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

I like the way this starts out, with the lemon and blueberry being tart and refreshing. However, after it starts to dry down, I get the distinct smell of camphor, and I can't help but think of Ben-Gay.