Garcia Lorca--Romance Sonombulo

A fabulous set of Possets commemorating and inspired by works by such poetic geniuses as Dickinson, Ginsberg, Whitman, and more.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Garcia Lorca--Romance Sonombulo

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Lime (a sublime lime, too...zest and juice) and smooth amber, laced with bamboo sap; finished off with green tea, a grassy white amber, and Mysore sandalwood. Sharp at first but beautiful, carrying the promise of a mellow drydown. The grass element asserts itself and has a great many similarities to lime. A lovely wearable summer stunner which is made to cool you down and heat you up at once. Though there is not black pepper in this, it has an aspect which reminds me strongly of black pepper."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Re: Garcia Lorca--Romance Sonombulo

Post by jackieo »

Another major hit

Wet..It almost smells like it could be a light softer Arabesque. All the notes work perfectly together.

Dry. It is changing into something completely different than Arabesque. I think it is the white amber.

I think if you love Arabesque, you will really enjoy this oil.
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina »

Fresh lime at first and then it evolves in a beautilful perfum and not a soapy, detergent lemon.
there is a grass element in it but it doesn't smell of grass.

Edit to add that after a few hours the sandalwood is predominent.
puck nc
a spark
a spark

Post by puck nc »

Origin: Straight from Possets

Initial Thoughts: I really don't know how well this is going to work on my skin, but I had to buy and try it because Federico García Lorca is one of my favorite writers and "Romance Sonámbulo" is a poem I have read and re-read many times.

In the Bottle: Lime and pepper. The lime certainly evokes the "Verde que te quiero verde" color imagery, but I would have liked to see more aquatic or cold notes to echo the poem's imagery of a drowned girl (the moon, the sea, the color green meaning death). The pepper seems off to me - I suppose it could evoke the mentions of blood, but it doesn't quite for me.

Wet: Very lime. Very strongly lime, though not overly fruity. It begins to back off fairly quickly and the amber and sandalwood emerge.

Drydown: The tea or bamboo emerges and creates a sharpness that emphasizes the amber and sandalwood. I didn't think so initially, but the drydown is rather masculine, giving the perfume unisex potential.

Verdict: I was very glad to be able to experience Fabienne's vision of this poem in scent. I'm not sure how often I'll wear it myself...might try it on my husband.