Beowulf--The Water Burns

A fabulous set of Possets commemorating and inspired by works by such poetic geniuses as Dickinson, Ginsberg, Whitman, and more.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beowulf--The Water Burns

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "A bitter, sexy, cold scent perfect for a hot muggy summer day. A sort of attractive dankness, very much reminds me of Angelina Jolie's Portrayal of Grendel's mother...not what you were expecting. It's soothing but disturbing, dry yet cold/moist. Like burning water...the mystery of what can't be, or can it? Essence of earth and high greenery--a hint of smoke but smelled from far away, boxwood, galbanum, and a light hint of Mysore sandalwood.Green, dry, herbal, smokey."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Beowulf--The Water Burns

Post by Atropos »

I am interested in this one as well. Anyone tried it yet? :wink:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Atropos wrote:I am interested in this one as well. Anyone tried it yet? :wink:
Someone is reading my mind....
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

If you haven't tried this, you are missing out, folks. This scent is amazing, and perfect for Summer! It is a fantastic aquatic, cool, yet smokey.

In the bottle: HELLO cucumber! Fresh from the garden, just washed and sliced. So juicy and watery.

On my skin: Cucumber settles down, and stone, wet mossy stone dripping, but with a slight hint of smoke (so slight that have no fear it's not all charcoal flame) from torches that used to be lit in this ancient stone cavern that's now sunk just below the water table. It's mossy, green and aquatic without being dank, or full of ozone.

Dry down: Still wet stone, the cucumber has hidden behind the stone and moss, just to register as water. This is cool and fresh, not dank and heavy. This is clear spring water, so clear you can see to the bottom of the spring as the moss tickles your fingers as you lean in to see your reflection in the pool. So clean and light, it's amazing. There is a hint of something else something almost creamy.

Later: I would swear that something is heliotrope, creamy, light, with that unique almost vanilla quality heliotrope has. And it is one of the few florals I can wear, but keep in mind, smells like, and are...not necessarily. I think the creamy quality is sandalwood. It's so well blended, and as Fabienne said, perfect for a Summer day.

Conclusion: This is a keeper! I want it to become permanent so badly. Please, try this one, it's a unique beauty, and my favorite. I am voting for this to stay. It's clean, green, and light, just perfect for the heat of August.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Ooooooh. You've definitely convinced me to try it.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I hope you like it as much as I do. And it's not a typical "aquatic" perfume...no ozone. It's just lovely, light, fresh and refreshing. I hope you like it as much as I do and that your skin likes it as much as mine did.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I am wearing this again, and I just love it. I can't help but re-apply, read slather, often. It's so fresh, so...Summer. It's cool and lovely. Cucumber and then all creamy. It's hard to describe, but it really needs to stay permanent.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

Just got my bottle in the mail today-
First application: smells green, grassy. Now wet, cucumber. Slightly spicy in a hint of herbal sorta way. Creamy, like cucumbers with a dash of milk on them-like a fresh very light milkiness. Although absolutely no vanilla in this to my nose. Clean, cool, still so slightly herbal. I'm getting the barest whiff of pale barely-there floral like Atropos said. My daughter's on her way to a slumber party and she hugged me as she was leaving. "Mmmmm Mom you smell SOOOOO good!." Out the door she went :-)

I really like this, glad I picked it up after all before it was gone. I get no smoke at all in this, btw. Maybe my nose is missing it. I really love these lighter and cool herbal perfumes, they are so fresh and clean smelling. Like you just rolled around in a field and then went inside with the hint of damp green still hanging about your clothing.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

I wanted to add I think the "fire" aspect of this for me is really just a slight herbal bite or something to that nature instead of what I thought of as a traditional fire smell in most perfumes. When I think fire, I think smoke and something hot smelling. I personally didn't get that even though it's in the description. If she added a smoke note it's so well blended in that I can't make it out with my nose. But what I do smell is something akin to vetiver in it's smoky aspect. A smokey herbal of sorts.