A Collection of Six Haiku

A fabulous set of Possets commemorating and inspired by works by such poetic geniuses as Dickinson, Ginsberg, Whitman, and more.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Collection of Six Haiku

Post by Maya »

Possets' description:

"This is a collection of 6 tiny vials of perfume which are representing 6 haiku. As haiku are tiny poems, this seems fitting. Haiku will only be sold as a set, please do not ask for substitutions.
HAIKU (Kobayashi Issa-Japan)

In this world
We walk on the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers

A tremendously profound haiku, perfectly reflected in the perfume which goes with it. Earth (with a whiff of civet), a Hell-like antiphon, and the wild beauty of Linden blossom and violets. A really unusual combination and a memorable one.
HAIKU (Yosa Buson-Japan)

A whale!
Down it goes, and more and more
up goes its tail!

A playful haiku should have a playful perfume. White musk, coconut, lime, and pineapple. A bit of rum and it's a lot of salty, briny whale fun. Actually, this is a very pretty and summery blend.

HAIKU (Natsume Soseki-Japan)

Over the wintry
forest, winds howl in rage
with no leaves to blow.

Funny to be thinking of autumn when the summer has just begun, but this is a lovely haiku which has been captured with a leaf-mold-like element, a cool mint-like essence, and rounded out with yuzu. Entrancingly wistful in the heat of the full summer.

HAIKU (Bashu Matsuo-Japan)

An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond
splash! Silence again.

One of the great haiku of all time.Japaneses incense and white musk combine. A hint of water but not the harsh ozone/aquatics type. Silk essence. A fittingly lingering but very soft and intuitive fragrance.

HAIKU (Gordon Christenson-United States of America)

The chrysanthemums bloomed in June
They were small, hopeful blooms
But once is almost too much
Even for a chrysanthemum.

Written by my husband, I love the gentle surprise of his haiku. A silver musk (which is one of the most special ingredients I have) combines with an essence I think of a chrysanthemum, a smooth and uncharacteristic white musk rounds it all out. Delightful. Light yet lasting, very refreshing.
(copyright Gordon A. Christenson)

HAIKU (Liu Fangping-China)

Half the house is knee-deep in moon beams.
North and south stars struggle against what seems
To be the dying of a night tilted to day. From behind a green
Gauze screen, as if aware of coming Spring, an insect sings.

Mimicking the divine and elusive fragrances which tickle your mind in the sill of a perfect evening, an osmanthus-like sugary note marries with a bit of peach and rhubarb and a drop of lime. There is a feel to this of silver (the Silver fragrances from Possets). Quite romantic, lightly foody but in a come-hither way..on a moonlit night."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Re: A Collection of Six Haiku

Post by jackieo »

Here is the Haiku collection

A whale!
Down it goes, and more and more
up goes its tail!

A playful haiku should have a playful perfume. White musk, coconut, lime, and pineapple. A bit of rum and it's a lot of salty, briny whale fun. Actually, this is a very pretty and summery blend.
A Collection of Six Haiku - Whale
First note is all coconut and lime. This is a spot on duplicate of Bath and Body works Coconut Lime Verbena. A nice summer scent which I have always adored.
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

I have had three different co-workers compliment on Whale since I put it on this morning. Which is a record for me. Most people don't normally smell perfume on me. They all said that it was a nice clean scent. One even asked if it was available in a room spray or a candle. You have a winner here Fabienne.
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

Kobayashi Issa- Hell

In this world
We walk on the roof of hell
Gazing at flowers

A tremendously profound haiku, perfectly reflected in the perfume which goes with it. Earth (with a whiff of civet), a Hell-like antiphon, and the wild beauty of Linden blossom and violets. A really unusual combination and a memorable one.
Wet note... This is smelling like flower hand soap. I will add more once it develops.

Edited.. This really disappeared on me last night. I will have to do a second testing for a full review
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

HAIKU - Winter (Natsume Soseki-Japan)

Over the wintry
forest, winds howl in rage
with no leaves to blow.

Funny to be thinking of autumn when the summer has just begun, but this is a lovely haiku which has been captured with a leaf-mold-like element, a cool mint-like essence, and rounded out with yuzu. Entrancingly wistful in the heat of the full summer.

Perfect description of this perfume. Very cool. Very Minty and I really think of Winter when I'm wearing it. Not my normal cup of tea, but someone will love it.
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

AIKU (Liu Fangping-China)

Half the house is knee-deep in moon beams.
North and south stars struggle against what seems
To be the dying of a night tilted to day. From behind a green
Gauze screen, as if aware of coming Spring, an insect sings.

Mimicking the divine and elusive fragrances which tickle your mind in the sill of a perfect evening, an osmanthus-like sugary note marries with a bit of peach and rhubarb and a drop of lime. There is a feel to this of silver (the Silver fragrances from Possets). Quite romantic, lightly foody but in a come-hither way..on a moonlit night."
This is so incredibly beautiful. I'm quite speechless. I think I would buy a huge bottle of this if it was available full sized. Unfortunately, this small sample will have to do. :cry:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

jackieo wrote:Unfortunately, this small sample will have to do. :cry:
And this is exactly why I just couldn't bring myself to buy the pack. A few of them look like I would have fallen hard for them, and I couldn't handle the disappointment of not being able to get a full bottle. They call me though. So hard. Gaaaahhh!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Maya wrote:
jackieo wrote:Unfortunately, this small sample will have to do. :cry:
And this is exactly why I just couldn't bring myself to buy the pack. A few of them look like I would have fallen hard for them, and I couldn't handle the disappointment of not being able to get a full bottle.
That was my thinking too. :(
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
LadyofFluff
mortal
mortal

Post by LadyofFluff »

Just got my set today (horrible customs people were holding them hostage) and dear lord of fluffy creatures I AM IN LOVE WITH POND!!!!!!!

Japanese incense notes normally go to celery on me and water notes have a tendency of being overtly masculine on me. So I was expecting this one to turn harsh, and whilst I was looking forward to all the haikus, this one was not the most exciting for me. I should have remembered to expect miracles from Fabienne.

It's a gentle sweet water note, thanks to the white musk I think, and the Japanese incense just adds layers and layers of complexity.

Tomorrow I will test out Whale :D
sertso
mortal
mortal

Post by sertso »

Chrysanthemum

Fabienne's description of this is right on when I'm wearing it. It's lighter than I typically like, but I find I like it a lot. Lasts about 6 hours on me.