Lily - The Halloween Vixen (Fall 2008 OAR Kitty)

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

steffanina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by steffanina »

Possets description: She is as tart and as sweet as a torti. Beautiful lychee-quat and nut butters just take the best of exotic fruits and line them with the most appealingly unctuous roasted nuts. This is a treat fragrance which combines all of the best parts of either end of the sharp to smooth spectrum. There is nothing about Lily which is astringent but she is not entirely tame.

Mmm, a wonderful berry-like fruit scent with a rich background of...butter and maple syrup, seriously, like pancakes. Oh, my. Wow. Yes, I can imagine walnuts in this scent (the "nut butters"), like a oozy fat walnut-butter-and-jelly sandwich. This is incredibly fragrant and delicious and dries to something toasty and nutty on my arm. I don't get any tartness, just rich toasty sweetness. Easily my favorite of all the new scents in Fabienne's Halloween/Kitties arsenal. This one's gonna be a slatherer, and I don't say that about many scents.
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Lily
In vial: plum and walnuts, pecans, mango…ooh, I smell Brazil nuts in here. I’ve not smelt a perfume with a Brazil nut note.
On skin: something vaguely like coffee, a lot of cream (it seems to be going a little sour?), butters of all kinds-dairy and nutty, and sweet fruit like apricots and plums with hints of mango. At times I get a lot of pecan pie in here, nutty and sweet and richly crusty, buttery and…hey, is that vetiver? Now I smell more smoky notes in here. and there’s still that Brazil nut note. this scent is really unusual. To me, this is Pomona’s more exotic sister. It’s foody but not conventional. Definitely autumnal but not in the usual ‘apples and pumpkins and spices with smoky leaves’ way, this has fruity and nutty elements and smoke but blended differently. It’s a very, very rich scent, indulgent, and potentially too rich for me…though it does get a tad cloying and a tad sour, this is a really nice nutty scent. at times it reminds me of a plum and almond tart, at times of fruit crumble, it always reminds me of a fruit-nut tart of some kind. Indeed at times I even get hints of mince pies! But they are fleeting moments. The milky aspect of the scent is tricky. Not a keeper but I really like the unusual nuttiness and yummy fruit sweetness.
RastasGirl
primordial
primordial

Post by RastasGirl »

Lily has become my ultimate comfort scent. In the bottle and on me, this smells like true blueberry muffins, fresh from the oven. It's warm, golden, foodie, muffin sweetness with that hint of soft fruit. I agree with the comparison to Pomona as well; Lily seems like it could be in the same family with its smooth, buttery qualities, warmth, and hint of fruit and nuttiness. I love it. Lily is my bottled happiness. :Smitten_emoticon:
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

Buttery buttery buttery tropical fruit crumble (mango, pear, guava?) with lots of topping, sugar, and roasted chopped nuts. Very rich, sweet, foodie and comforting.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Morbane
primordial
primordial

Post by Morbane »

Oh wow, I've never smelled so delicious.

In the bottle: roasted nuts, particularly pecan; sugar, and a hint of alcohol.

Wet: The nuts are still strong, with layers of caramel and butterscotch. No alcohol. I'm having a hard time picking out any particular fruit note. Maybe plum?

Dry: It gets creamier. I'd agree that this smells buttery, but all I have to compare it to is the roasted-nuts stand on the street, which is a scent with several more layers of oil over the top... This isn't greasy at all. My friend just got "You smell like vanilla," though.

This is an unabashedly foody scent. Not safe for work, although I'd wear Madame X in small quantities. I was really tossing up whether to buy Lily or Kate (The Soprano with the High C), for Retour, and I'm so glad I went for Lily! This is just my level of creaminess - any more 'milk' than this puts me off and cloys on my skin.

Mmmmm.
1TrueEarthMama
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by 1TrueEarthMama »

Vanilla? Pecan Pie? Butter Scotch? Milk? Caramel? I didn't get any of those. I think that A. My scent preferences are just not in this vain and B. My nose is broken, or my olfactory centers insist on amping the notes that hurt my head and not allowing the warmer, calmer notes to register at all. To me this was fruity, in a fakey, candy way, tart, yes, as the description says, but my migrainey head couldn't get past the red fruty note to find the nut fragrance. When I smelled it in the bottle I got the alcoholic note that someone mentioned, and I went "Wo, oh no. This is not a good thing for my poor head." But I decided to give it a break and try it on anyway, as many scents that I love smell fake or plasticy or plane in the bottle then blossom and are stunning on my skkin. "Nope." says my nose. It gave me a killer migraine, and I had to shower and wash it off. The kicker? It took two full body washes with strongly scented organic soap to make the smell go away, but once it did, there was this faint, fruty, nutty smell left over that was quite pretty. I guess this is a swapper for me. One person mentioned debating between getting this and Kate II (The soprano with the high C). I got both when the OAR cats came back this year, and I am pleased to report that Kate does work on me, very nicely, so I am not too upset that this went a miss. I am glad so many other people love this, and hopefully I can find my bottle a nice loving home.
hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Post by hyacinth »

I smell butter! This is another of the yummy Possets foodie scents. LOVE it.:pisces:
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Re: Lily - The Halloween Vixen (Fall 2008 OAR Kitty)

Post by samcalam »

If you are really missing this lovely Posset. I would say Gelato Pistachio have a similar sort of a vibe :hrt::
Boudicca

Re: Lily - The Halloween Vixen (Fall 2008 OAR Kitty)

Post by Boudicca »

samcalam wrote:If you are really missing this lovely Posset. I would say Gelato Pistachio have a similar sort of a vibe :hrt::
Oh Zod! I've been looking at OAR reviews, because. Gelato Pistachio Is a fav of mine so if a kitteh haz a similar vibe I might need it.

Wonder what pistachio and bacon would smell like?
:rofl:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds