Zelda

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

coraline
a spark
a spark

Zelda

Post by coraline »

"Zelda has been described as a cat with ATTITUDE. I have met Zelda and have to say that is right, in the best way. The main inspiration for this scent was a great plum, because Zelda is a real plum. But there is enough of the sweet stuff in here to make even the most discriminating gourmand happy, too. Citrines and cheesecake and a good thick crust of sugary frosting to it all. Somehow for all the sweeties in this, it isn't cloying because of the fresh bass note of the plum. Never thought of it that way until now, frankly, but it works!"

On me, Zelda smells like plum crusted with sugar, with cake underneath. My nose doesn't register it as cheesecake, because it doesn't have that sour quality; it's just a cake that's rich, dense, and very creamy. And the description is right, the plum keeps it from being cloying. Very Christmas-y!
Morbane
primordial
primordial

Zelda

Post by Morbane »

Zelda has a sour note in the bottle that vanishes upon application... It is straightforward fruity/pastry-ish, and if you have Shrewsbury biscuits (with that little window of jam in the middle) then that is exactly what Zelda smells like. But yes, I get biscuit, not cheesecake.
Galen

Zelda

Post by Galen »

Wet on skin: zesty/fruity and very sweet - a little bit "fizzy" even!

As it dries, it smells like a sweetshop - this is all lemon sherbert, with the plums just rounding it out and warming it up a little.

Sweet and sparkling, yesterday this put me in mind of lemon cheesecake with a hint of plum.
critterfriend
archangel
archangel

Zelda

Post by critterfriend »

(I'll preface by saying that I'm new to perfumes, & to reviewing them. My nose isn't very discerning of individual notes, & I seem to have a skin chemistry which isn't very cooperative with certain things (any type of milk almost always turns to sharp powder on me, & vanilla musk tends to go powdery on me, too). I also have sinus/allergy issues that interfere with my enjoyment of some blends (many florals give me an instant headache, & some of the sweeter/buttery scents will make me queasy). Hopefully, though, people with similar issues might be able to find my reviews helpful. Now, on to my review...)

Origin: ordered from Possets

Date Purchased: Nov 2010

Wet: soft plastic, nothing else :sad:

Drydown: still plastic

Later: I'm getting a slight plum scent now, but the plastic is still there. Much later (hours), the plastic is finally gone & I can detect plum, citrus, & sugar -- kind of reminds me of a very fragrant soap, but it isn't really soapy smelling (that makes no sense, I know -- sorry). The whiffs I catch of this as I move around are very pretty.

Thoughts: I'm not sure what to think of this one. I wish I got something more like the other reviewers did. It lasts a long time, & it has fair throw in it's latter stages (the time when it is also a pretty scent, on me), but the plastic stage lasts waaaaaaayyyyyyy too long on me to make it very feasible for regular wear. It's really pretty after the plastic disappears, so I'll give it a try in my scent locket & see how that goes.
sandoz28
a spark
a spark

Zelda

Post by sandoz28 »

Oh Zelda, you adorable little minx! Your frisky little face endeared you to me from first glance. I missed out on Miss Zelda last year & was thrilled to see her return!

Zelda is certainly unique; I don't think I've ever smelled a perfume like hers. Not very sweet, which was a surprise. This is quite a tart plum, and once first applied I get strong citrus--more peel than fruit. There's a hint of something sweet that could be cheesecake, but it disappears on my skin. Overall this is much more a fresh scent than something very foody (like I'd expected).
coralprincess
a spark
a spark

Zelda

Post by coralprincess »

This is very, very tart on me, which is a shame because I love the background scent, I swear I can smell a crust of sugar, that with the creaminess of the cheesecake is delicious. I hope it calms down with age because if it wasn't so sharp it would be amazing.
chinacat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Zelda

Post by chinacat »

A combination of sweet and tart, which makes me think of powdered sugar and fresh lemons. Or lemon frosting. There is also a clean, slightly soapy note in there, like freshly laundered clothing. It's a bright, sunny scent, very nice for summer.