Michelle (OAR 09)

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

funkmoppet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Michelle (OAR 09)

Post by funkmoppet »

"Michelle is a bob tailed cutie, and is Mia's sister. I set pear, that sweet and irresistible winter fruit, as his key fragrance. Exquisite and to the point, this is an amplified and fresh pear fragrance combined with golden musk (to make it stick better), a breath of greenery to push the pear scent, and another whisker of a white musk to give it roundness (for a pear should be round). Very nice and very refreshing."

I love love love pear. I get very excited for it. The cold whiff from the bottle promises a beautiful fresh pear scent. Unfortunately my skin has other ideas, and Michelle turns into high-pitched, perfumey, super-sweet and almost candyish pear. Sadly, this isn't for me. I'm hoping some aging will turn things around and I can come back and revisit her with better results.
Morbane
primordial
primordial

Michelle (OAR 09)

Post by Morbane »

I think we have similar tastes, funkmoppet! I got Michelle in the mail yesterday, along with a bunch of other goodies. In the bottle: pure pear, like a slightly over-ripe Bosch pear which is going to drip down your chin when you bite into it; on my skin, there is a very 'perfumy' note, but I don't get the super-sweet amp you do. To be fair, though, it does remind me of the bottle of pear-flavour syrup in the cupboard. But the subtle, almost alcoholic note keeps it from being cloying so far. I hope this one stays on in the Permanents.
coconutcream
preternatural being
preternatural being

Michelle (OAR 09)

Post by coconutcream »

in bottle a very ripe pear.
on skin wet very ripe pear, when dry pear custard and powder.
wl552
powers
powers

Michelle (OAR 09)

Post by wl552 »

Michelle is the third of this round of OAR kitties. I had such high hopes for it as I love pear and I love musk. This should be perfect. In the bottle, it's a lovely bright sweet pear. Can't wait! Wet on the skin, it's very bright and sweet... very nice! But then disaster!! I'm so saddened that it doesn't agree with me. :( I can't figure it out! All of a sudden, it went horribly, horrible off. I can't pin down what it smells like, but it's not good. It's not rancid, it's not sour, it's not cat pee-ish... hmmm Trying to think... It's sort of... rotten smelling I guess. I can still smell the sweet pear, but I think the musk is making it smell like it's been in the garbage for a week. Curse you skin chemistry! Curse you!! I believe this will have to be a scent locket only scent, because it's very pretty in the bottle.
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Michelle (OAR 09)

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Michelle
In vial: this is incredibly pretty pear!
On skin: this is wonderful. I think this may be the nicest pear scent ever-from any company! Sweet, juicy and well rounded pear that smells gloriously ripe and white is boosted by some stunning light musks, the warmth of golden musk adding a full, almost vanilla-like backdrop, the white musk adding an endearing fluffy scent, but really those musks mainly add substance and staying power, a solid base for the pear to work its magic. This is pear-fection. Or should that be purr-fection? It’s hard not to make bad puns about cats and fruit when smelling and reviewing this scent! This is delightful and cosy, not oversweet or cloying, not artificial, not sharp, just sweet fuzzy musky vanilla with delicious pear. I’m glad I got a bottle!
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Michelle (OAR 09)

Post by puck_nc »

Origin: Straight from Possets

Initial Thoughts: The golden musk is a strong possibility for amping on me, but I've had some great success with other pear scents. Plus it's for the kitties.

In the bottle: very strongly pear with a boozy undertone.

Wet: Pear and something almost tooth-achingly sweet at the start. It's almost like biting into a fresh pear with a wad of bubblegum in the mouth, yet it's actually quite nice.

Drydown: Oh dear...I think I'm having the same trouble as has been mentioned above. Something has gone strongly greenish, akin to my cooked-collard-greens problem with rose notes. It's not hugely strong but it's strong enough to throw the whole scent off.

Verdict: Alas, my skin does not like it. I will need to give the bottle a new home.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Michelle (OAR 09)

Post by Petticoats »

This is delightful. My experience is much like that of whiskerswhispers: the realistic fresh pear in the bottle dries down on me to a slightly perfumy, soft, vanilla-y pear that is really lovely. Not too foody, but still has enough of the genuine pear in it to make it special and refreshing. I'm very glad I picked this up during the kitty retour!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.