Sophie (OAR Cat, Yule 09)

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Sophie (OAR Cat, Yule 09)

Post by gypsyjolie »

This smells like fresh unsweetened applesauce, with just a tiny touch of spice. It gets a bit sweeter (vanilla) and smoother (custard) and a bit of the rosemary comes out and makes it a bit more herbal, then it sort of stays like that. It's like an apple flan with a touch of rosemary. I don't get the incense vibe much. It's pretty and a nice alternative to traditional apple-spice-pie which is what you usually get from apple scents.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Sophie (OAR Cat, Yule 09)

Post by Floria »

The apple is the note that's most obvious as itself. It's a sweet apple, with an additional light, non-fruity sweetness that must be the vanilla. There's a spicy element to the scent that waxes and wanes - it must be the rosemary, but it doesn't smell much like rosemary by itself does. I don't get incense, but it is very pleasant. The sweet parts of the scent aren't too heady and rich, and the rosemary adds a nice bit of brisk spice that makes the whole thing more complex and interesting.
chinacat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Sophie (OAR Cat, Yule 09)

Post by chinacat »

Black cherries, incense, some spice, such as cloves, and rosemary. It's potent, but not overpowering. This is a good scent for fall and winter.