Esmerelda (OAR)

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

MollyG
preternatural being
preternatural being

Esmerelda (OAR)

Post by MollyG »

Pretty Esmerelda, lavender, thyme, myrtle and white musk. She is a sweet calico who loves to sit on laps and be warmed because she was found on the coldest day of the year and was almost frozen. Warmth is her trademark and all of those fine green herbs which love to grow in the hot sun are her scent totems. A nice wash of white musk keeps them all closer to your skin than without, and is not intrusive.

First review -- yay!

I wore this today, on what turned out to be a lovely Indian summer day on the East Coast, and it was perfect! Esmerelda smells very classic and French to me. It is dry and herbal, but still warm and feminine (though I think a guy who wanted to smell like a dandy could pull this one off, as well). Thyme was such an interesting choice, since it is a savory herb, and I think that is what keeps it grounded and not super-girly. It also makes it feel a little more autumnal than springlike to me. The drydown is a lovely lavender musk tinged with the zing of myrtle, and while the scent is pretty quiet overall, it lasts quite long for having so many lighter notes in it. Very pretty!
lulu
archangel
archangel

Esmerelda (OAR)

Post by lulu »

This is very herbal to me, and probably not to everyone's tastes, but is great for someone like me who doesn't really like excessively foody or sweet perfume...Quite a strong thyme smell at first but this dies down to reveal the other components- herbally lavender musk and yes, the overall feeling is warm and sunny and relaxing- makes me want to take a Mediterranean holiday! Plus I am in love with Esmerelda's picture- she reminds me of one of my kitties, who also never wants to get off my lap!:shimmykitty:
Sàwen
a spark
a spark

Esmerelda (OAR)

Post by Sàwen »

it's very herbal and fresh, I smell lavender and thyme. and the perfume stay on my skin all the day. very good !
Angewl
mortal
mortal

Re: Esmerelda (OAR)

Post by Angewl »

Very herbal and strong at first. The strength caused me to mistake it for a masculine scent. I let my mom smell it and she told me that it was very feminine and that is was her favorite out of all the perfumes she's smelled on me. A few minutes after application, the strength lessens to the perfect sillage. Within 30 minutes of wear on my skin, Esmerelda has become a whisper. I wonder why it starts so strong and leaves so quickly?

Anyway, I really love the scent after the first few minutes. It's so different than anything else I've ever worn.