Jefferson

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

wl552
powers
powers

Jefferson

Post by wl552 »

A delightful light but musky blend which is engineered to be your little secret, that that of those who get close enough to find out, too. Skin musk and light green amber are put together in a seamless and thoroughly harmonious way with a touch of galbanum for zest. This is not the formula which shrieks that you are entering the room, this is the formula which your lover remembers when they think of your last encounter. It smells like your own skin, and it seems to change to conform to the individual wearer. Subtle, sophisticated, and exquisite. THE runaway bestseller at the Possets Party for OAR in November! An OAR benefit fragrance.
-----------
At first, Jefferson on me is pretty potently citrus-y. I don't usually do citrus scents that well, but Jefferson isn't bad at all. Much later on, the citrus aspect mellows into a lovely skin scent. I seem to amp citrus type scents pretty badly, so my review may not be very accurate. Overall, while I don't adore it, I don't dislike it either.
simonetta.vespucci
archangel
archangel

Jefferson

Post by simonetta.vespucci »

i bought this from the beautyfull yule sale and gave it to my sister. on both of us, it's not citrusy per se, but bright. kind of sweet and marshmallowy in a good, delicately musky way - fabienne's musks are SO wearable. my sister loves it, by the way. i had a hard time letting it go to give to her, but she is quite happy with it!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Jefferson

Post by gypsyjolie »

Jefferson on me is a mix of cool, sweet amber and ... honeydew melon? It's not as harsh as citrus scents are usually on me, so I am not reading this as citrus. This is sweet and fresh and pretty, in a fruity-musky way. It's definitely musky, in a dreamy, soft, pillowy sweet musk way. Very feminine. It is a "wet' scent, dewy and lush... no powdery aspect like I normally get from amber scents. This is a light yellow-green scent in my imagination, and seems like a summer scent to me.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
sertso
mortal
mortal

Re: Jefferson

Post by sertso »

I liked Jefferson, but it was a bit subtle on me, so I didn't order more than the original bottle.

Boy was I wrong! Across the months it has matured into a beautiful sexy musk that I just can't get my nose away from.

I hope that there's someday a chance of it coming back . . .
Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Re: Jefferson

Post by Narcisse »

The scent is different than I had been expecting. I had expected the galbanum to be more prominent and a titch more bitter, but it's really just sort of mixed with the citrus to give an impression of petit grain. It is a much sweeter scent than I had expected it is very reminiscent to me of mimosa in scent which is often a fattener of other notes. I realize fattener is not a word, but it seems so soften and sweeten (much like cream in coffee or tea) without every seeming sweet. It just makes the citrus and galbanum more like an orange blossom with a hint of light musk and a faint whiff of the amber's balsamic depth. I noramally dislike orange blossom in scents so had I read this review I never would have tried it, so to those out there like myself, even though the essence is of an orange blossom it's not the cloying over down sickening scent like in Amarige de Givenchy. It balances the slight herbal bitter of the galbanum with the ripe orange and then adds a musky amber. I don't really to florals so initially I wasn't sure I liked it, but it is a gorgeous. I don't know that I am really convincing people to try it, but that is my aim because I think it is a phenomenal scent which seems overlooked. The amber in the scent works as a base to ground the scent from being to airy. I think it is the reason the scent lasts for so long (over 24 hrs on me), while keeping it very rooted in the citrus. I normally do citrus scents in the heat more than any other time, but this has been a great fall scent. I have been layering it with Guinevere which has been a wee bit pickled clove on me. Jefferson doesn't need the mix, but I got a 10 ml of Guinevere so I am insistent I will tame her so Jefferson has been great at that. It is a creamy scent that seems very clean, but so well balanced it's almost ethereal. It's very reminiscent of spring in an orange grove with a buzz of bees in the air and a musky green of the earth awakening. It's very sultry but more in the realm of primavera emerging from her winter slumber. I, resin and oriental or spice scent devotee, love this scent and have been wearing this regularly so any one who is a feared it may not be there thing you should definitely give it a try as it is just stunning.