Bridget (Yule OAR kitty)

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

wl552
powers
powers

Bridget (Yule OAR kitty)

Post by wl552 »

Tea and chocolate salt and spice. Bridget is like a warm and welcoming Irish kitchen after the captain has returned from a lengthy sea voyage laden with the goods of the orient. A bit of a daring combination but a throughly fetching one. The inclusion of salt really makes this blend special.
---

In bottle: chocolate.
Wet on skin: chocolate.
Dry: probably more chocolate. lol

I amp any kind of chocolate, so to be fair this might as well be a single note chocolate scent. I thought I'd give it try because of the tea and spice, but nope... just chocolate. If there's a change, I'll update.
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Bridget (Yule OAR kitty)

Post by Floria »

My chemistry may be the opposite of yours - I've only tried a few chocolate/cocoa blends, but the chocolate wasn't very strong in any of them - so Bridget on my skin might be a nice balance. :P
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bridget (Yule OAR kitty)

Post by Maya »

I don't amp chocolate, so I love this one on me. As noted, the salt makes this special, and I agree. I really get the salty quality on my skin. At first application, the chocolate shines, but as Bridget dries down the black tea and spices switch with the chocolate (and for me, there's about a ten minute struggle between them all as they fight for who gets to be dominant and it isn't always pretty). After the switch, the chocolate becomes a wonderful warm base for the tea, salt, and spices and they ride out the rest of their time together in (relative) harmony. There's something in it (perhaps one of the spices) that sometimes comes in as an herb note (but not one I can define)--or maybe a twiggy green note--and that shifts it around some and funks it up for a bit, but then it settles back down again.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
FrenchWaffle
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Bridget (Yule OAR kitty)

Post by FrenchWaffle »

Based off of the site's description I imediatly included this in my Catapalooza order. Possets knows how to do tea notes, which I adore.

In the bottle: Chocolate with a hint of salt, reminds me of the bread & chocolate bar from Theo (bits of salted bread).
Wet: funky salty chocolate, with the chocolate note fading out almost completely. This kind of reminds me of riding on the ferry and standing by the trash bins outside.
Drying: Now I get more of an earthiness to it, the tea? Except this is not a tea I am familiar with (Tisane of the Witch, High Tea, JFK & Jackie, ect), this tea has a very earthy spin to it. This tea is more of a musty/decaying side of earthy (ie: what black tea actually smells like). I am not sure if I like this....
Dry: Not so musty anymore, more of a murky/saltiness, I kind of like this direction, hopefully I will get more salt to lighten this up to more of a seaside sort of scent rather than brackish water.
Final thoughts: I will give this one some more time. I think I was disappointed in this scent because I expected it to be more of a chocolate spice sort of scent, now I know what it is like perhaps I will grow to like it more...I think I will give this another shot another day.

Update: No, this just doesn't work for me. The tea just is not right for me (I think I prefer a more "perfume-y" black tea). Putting this is the sale/swap box.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it, don’t wait for it, just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair or two cups of good hot black coffee." -Twin Peaks