Maggie (Halloween 2007)

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

dawna
preternatural being
preternatural being

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by dawna »

I just got this in the mail and I just had to come and share. This is truly a dead on S'Mores scent. It is everything I had wanted and so much more. Its heavy on the graham cracker, has that just right toasted marshmallow.. and the best part is the chocolate that rounds everything out.

I've just put it on so I will come back and finish off the review later but I wanted to come and put in a huge SQUEE and thank you to Fabienne for making this one!

Now I need to find a way to buy more bottles of this! :grinwink:

ETA:
Ok for a proper review:

In the bottle, the scent is heavily chocolate marshmallow. It is classic Fabienne chocolate blended with a gooey dose of that sugary love.
On the skin: HELLO GRAHAM CRACKER. It just pops forward for me and it is just awesome. Its a gooey scent, and as it is drying down I am detecting a slight spice to it. This is, bar none, my favorite Posset scent ever now.

Maggie is simply a superstar!
Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by Catsmeow »

Dawna - thank you for your wonderful reviews! It's so nice to be able to read about the Halloween scents so soon! :uhhuh:
donthate
mortal
mortal

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by donthate »

I love foody so I hope I love this too! :D
Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by Catsmeow »

Description on website: "Maggie is the perfect Halloween cat. Her coat is all the most beatiful of Halloween colors and it reminds me of s'mores. Well, Maggie the fragrance smells just like....s'mores, home-made s'mores with great dark high toned chocolate, fancy snooty marshmallows and, well, the only kind of graham crackers you should use (the kind you get in the supermarket but they are oh, so good). Yep, that's what Maggie smells like. It's the kind of s'mores you dream about. They are perfect, just like Maggie.
(Half of all sales of Maggie goes to the O'Bryonville Animal Rescue in Cincinnati Ohio...they take in the homeless and feral and give them great homes. Look for Maggie's interview as the first OAR resident with the guest editorial on Possets)."

This is so well done! I can tell that Fabienne has put her heart into this blend! It's gourmand (but not overly) and lovely. It isn't gooey, sticky or sweet as one might imagine a S'mores scent could be. Also, the notes aren't overly "toasted" or burned. Dawna is right about a slight, creamy spice in the drydown - it's not overt; just a faint whiff to keep you intrigued. :cat:
spacekitty
mortal
mortal

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by spacekitty »

Fabienne just ACES the chocolate scents. I never liked a chocolate fragrance until I tried Possets and now I have to have them all (The Possets chocolates, that is. I'm still not a fan of other perfumers' chocolates)!

First off, you get that :fleur: chocolate. Then as it settles into the skin the buttery honey graham-flavor comes out. Finally, as it dries you get that toasted marshmallow smokiness.

I had my doubts. I didn't think she could do it. Fabienne, I will never doubt you again. :whorship: This truly is the scent of S'mores and it is fabulous!:heartsabove:
harmonyfb
primordial
primordial

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by harmonyfb »

First sniff reveals graham crackers. On my skin, it turns into the crackery-est graham that ever crackered. Wow. It's a little overwhelming in the crackery-ness.

After a while, though, the marshmallow starts peeking out, and bringing a wisp of chocolate with it. It really does smell exactly like a s'more. Well done, Fabienne!

I don't know that I'll keep it, because frankly...it just doesn't work as a skin scent for me. And it's making me hungry. :grinwink: But it's a brilliant scent blend, that's for sure.
sfisher323
preternatural being
preternatural being

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by sfisher323 »

How does she do it? My arm smells like S'mores. Not kind of like or reminiscent of, but LIKE S'mores.

I forgot to make notes of it while it was wet, since I was sniffing my other arm (Sam), but once it's had a few minutes to settle in no single note pops out. On me, it's a perfect blend of graham cracker, milk chocolate, and marshmallow. It's not too sweet, stays fairly close to my skin, and is just all around lovely. Foody lovers rejoice!
gaia
mortal
mortal

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by gaia »

Oh Maggie :violin:

Having never had an actual S'more........I cannot compare, however......in the vial it smelled lovely of chocolate, vanilla and a little spicy crackery.....it smelled good!
It did smell good on my skin as well......my chemistry didn't f*** it up or anything, but it became mostly chocolate......good chocolate, but I can't do chocolate if it stays chocolate.

So I will cherish my Maggie-decant, but there will not be a bottle in my future. I'll just accept the fact that Glee, for now, will remain the only chocolatey perfume I can pull off......(and yes I ordered a bottle of that to go with my decants, so I'm all Gleeful about that! :cool: )
maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by maribouquet »

Mmm, yummy! S'mores, just like it says. I may need a bottle.

Fabienne's foody blends are so delicious - I'm loving them in this update.

ETA: the marshmallow really comes out in the drydown! Extra yum.
blupest
a spark
a spark

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by blupest »

This does smell exactly like smores. My daughter loves it. The only thing I would change is for this scent to have more staying power.