Maggie (Halloween 2007)

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

coralprincess
a spark
a spark

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by coralprincess »

Oh Maggie. My favourite Posset. Whilst I LOVE chocolate, I haven't really had much luck with chocolate scents... until now. This is gorgeous rich chocolate with toasty graham crackers and fluffy creamy marshmallows. Love it.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by tarayvonne »

Yum, a sample from Fabienne (thank you) that rocked my socks :) This will have to be an order some time. This totally takes me back to camping. All of us kids sitting around the fire waiting for smores time. For those of your who don't know: graham cracker sandwich with a piece of chocolate bar melting under a hot marshmallow cooked over a fire. They are so good! Usually eaten an hour after hotdogs or burgers on the same fire :)

Only complaint is that I wish it was the rich, darker chocolate smell of Passion rather than the milky chocolate smell of Giddy. Not quite sure why but when I smell that one I smell something slightly like vitamins? It makes no sense but I swear I smell something vitamin-y in that. And likewise I can smell a hint of it in this. Otherwise, very enjoyable. I just prefer the truer chocolate scent of Passion :) I think it would work wonders if I layer the two.
anaengel
a spark
a spark

Re: Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by anaengel »

This was a frossette from Fabienne. It is very much a s'mores in there that I wanted to slather it all on. And since possets are made to be slathered on me, I went ahead.
This starts off as all chocolate and graham cracker. It's even got a warmth that makes me think of the marshmallow hiding out and finishing getting gooey. After a little bit, I get the melting marshmallow, but this is a pretty french vanilla-esque marshmallow. It's not really the cheap from the bag ones, unless you're like me and buy the flavored ones for s'mores, and it gets stronger as the others get pushed back and melted away. Yep, just like eating a smore. In the end, all I'm left with is the sticky smell of marshmallow.
It's fun. I can see myself wearing this quite a lot when I want a s'more during the winter and don't want to do the hassle of making one in the microwave (joys of electric heat and stove). It lasted a few hours, but still was not the longest I've had from here. And, it did not induce a s'mores craving. May have to keep this just for that reason. :wink: