Maggie (Halloween 2007)

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

funkmoppet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by funkmoppet »

Being a foreigner, I have no idea what a S'more looks like, or tastes like. If they're like Maggie though, they must be yummy!

Lightly spiced sweet biscuits! A divine bakery scent. The light creamy vanilla not just under the biscuit turns into marshmallow well after the dry-down. This is heavenly.

And makes want to bake!
Chickie

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by Chickie »

Nom nom nom nom. So there's this recipe called Tiger Balls (http://www.veganmeat.com/rec/tiger.html) that is divine. Maggie reminds me of that, with the addition of toasted marshmallow or perhaps some cinnamon. I could eat my arm, I tell you. :tooth:
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Maggie
In vial: chocolate, marshmallows and digestive biscuits!
On skin: mmm, this is delicious! it smells just like chocolate, marshmallows and a spicy biscuit base. Being a clueless Brit means I've never eaten smores, so I can't say if this smells like them. But it does smell like chocolate and marshmallow on a dry biscuit with a touch of spice and a feel of something toasty to it (no campfire smoke though). The chocolate note used in these Halloween scents has been wonderful on me-it's more like dark chocolate, and doesn't turn to sour milk. The marshmallow note is delicious and fluffy, and the cracker scent is like a cross between digestive biscuits and cinnamon biscuits. Actually, this scent reminds me very much of BPAL Monster Bait Underbed, which I love, but this one has less spice to it, and the coconut is replaced here with marshmallow, but there's that same dry biscuit and spicy chocolate scent going on. The scent becomes drier and yet also soft, and dare I say, a little bit fuzzy? The scent definitely evokes the colours of a tortie cat in the most fun way, the dark black-brown of the chocolate, spicy red-browns, the golden biscuits and brown-golden-white toasted marshmallow. The scent's sweet marshmallow does make a comeback though and gives this scent a really cuddly feel, but the spices here (I love the spices in these Halloween LE) add a nice bite. I wasn't expecting to love this, but I do. I'm definitely getting a bottle of this kitty.
amy1238
primordial
primordial

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by amy1238 »

Maggie is just GORGEOUS. Somehow she smells just like s'mores, without everyone around me commenting on how foody I smell. She's just comforting and sweet and warm and snuggly.

She's straight up marshmallow, chocolate and graham crackers while wet. As she dries, I do get a bit of toasty smokiness, and then just as quickly as the smokiness began, it's gone, leaving the toasty s'more in its wake.

I will get at least one more bottle of this one (maybe two, I just adore Maggie) before the kitties leave. My only problem with it is that I just started back on a diet, and Maggie is driving me a bit crazy, as she's making me crave yummy treats. :bigsmile:
porcelina
primordial
primordial

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by porcelina »

i managed to pour way too much maggie out on my arm. but now i don't care. holy crap! my arm is a s'more. gooey, chocolatey, toasty marshmallow goodness. when the hell did i become such a foodie? seriously. i want to bathe in this. it's so cuddly and snuggly and yummy.
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by whiskerwing »

I got my order in last night, and even though I told myself I'd wait and give them time to relax, I couldn't wait. I tried Churpz (I'll review that one later, but I mention it because it has significance for this one) and then after my shower, this morning I tried a smidge of Maggie. Normally I'm somewhat obsessive about reading reviews for things before trying them, but I was feeling bold and tried Maggie without a clue on what to expect.

Immediately, I could smell graham cracker - lots and lots of it. Crispy, buttery graham. Not exactly my favorite scent, but I have learned that judging a Posset right off the bat is dangerous business, else you miss the true scent. Besides, it wasn't a bad smell...just...graham crackery. And I'm definitely not afraid of smelling like food.

So I made it to work, and sat down to a mug of tea, lifting my wrist to my nose as has become habit since I started wearing Possets. (Carpal Posset Syndrome?)

What was this? Marshmallow? Did the Churpz bleed through? But that's absurd, I showered! Another sniff confirmed, definitely marshmallow.

Very odd...but it doesn't really smell like Churpz. There's another scent in there. Chocolate?! Surely not!

By then, I was certain my nose was playing tricks on me, and here I come to the boards to find out that Maggie is supposed to be s'mores - graham cracker, marshmallow, and chocolate.

After the cracker scent backed off to let the marshmallow and chocolate play, I loved this.

It is, however, only an hour since I applied the scent, and already it's fading quickly - I can't smell the cracker at all anymore, and the chocolate is but a memory. The marshmallow is still there, but even that has zero throw.

If I could find a way to make the chocolate/marshmallow stage last longer, I would probably try for a bigger bottle. As it is, I think the frossette will be enough to keep me in s'more happiness, and I will rely on the much longer-lasting Churpz to fulfill my marshmallow needs.

I'm definitely keeping the sampler though - when I get a scent locket, I'll try this one again and see how it behaves there.
gypsysingleton

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by gypsysingleton »

Wet: Marshmallow and Oddly Enough Black Licorice

Dry: It's beginning to burn, the black licorice is going to a spicy cinnamon and I can only smell the Chocolate and Marshmallow if I really really concentrate - otherwise all I'm getting is cinnamon

30 min. It's burning and I don't see the cinnamon fading, so I'm washing it off...
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by fabienne »

There is huge joy in Possetland! Maggie Has Found Her Forever Home!!!!

Yes, that's right! Maggie has gone home at last. I am so happy and I am sure that you are, too! It has taken a long time but she has found the right person to love and care for her for the rest of her life.

I was going to put Maggie to work writing editorials and catching virtual mice around the virtual store but somehow, that all slid by in the heat of packing and shipping. I did manage to get a few words out of her which I will post on the blog. She did say that she was sorry that she would not be at the shelter to move to their marvelous new facility. It is big, has great amenities (including air conditioning which is really needed around here if you are wearing a fur coat in the summer), a spay and neuter clinic (!), and is staffed by the kindest most self sacrificing volunteers anywhere.

Now, I can't really retire Maggie the perfume...but I have an idea.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by puck_nc »

Woo hoo! I saw the blog post on my LiveJournal, but the link wouldn't work, so I ran over here to see if my suspicion was right. Yay for Maggie!:babyleap:
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maggie (Halloween 2007)

Post by fabienne »

Blogger was busy being it's usual hard to deal with self. I put it up but had to take it down because ALL OF THE TEXT WAS HUGE AND THAT ALWAYS SOUNDS LIKE SOME LUNATIC SHOUTING AT YOU! But the news was good and it should be shouted, but tastefully shouted. Maggie exhibits the epitome of good manners.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!