Inez

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

sfisher323
preternatural being
preternatural being

Inez

Post by sfisher323 »

Inez-beautiful glossy black coat and regal bearing the soul of Spain. Inez sparkles with the darkest red carnation and a hint of leather. The winsome citrus of Andalucia finishes off this excellent blend. Perfect for any time of year.

Eek. I can't be first . . . can I? Oh - the pressure!

Inez is everything I was hoping she would be . . . and more!

She's gorgeous and incredibly sexy.

In the bottle: Mostly citrus. Something fruity. Which made me worried, because I wanted Inez for her carnation and leather.

On my skin: Joy! There's the deep red carnation with a touch of leather. It immediately becomes a delicious, spicey, floral on me. The leather is just right - not overpowering at all, but just enough to give Inez a smokey background. I don't get citrus, but it's almost like there is something barely sweet in the carnation. Not your girl-next-door kind of floral! :uhhuh:

Like most of Fabienne's delicious blends, this stays fairly close to my skin.

If you're familiar with BPAL, this is very reminiscent of Pink Moon 2007. But kicked up a notch. Not in terms of throw, necessarily, but the carnation is somehow more true, more intense to my nose.

I absolutely adore this. Bravo Fabienne! I see a backup bottle (bottles?) in my future. And if you try her and you're not a fan . . . you know where to find me.:punkielaugh:
donthate
mortal
mortal

Inez

Post by donthate »

Yay! I'm sooo looking forward to trying this! :D
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Inez

Post by Atropos »

Me too, me too! :bigsmile:
Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Inez

Post by Catsmeow »

This one isn't working for me, but I think it's because I've discovered that I'm not a fan of strong leather notes in general.

I'm picking up on a lot of smoky black leather, and I just can't get past the leather enough to enjoy the red carnation. :punkiesad:
ivy_fiddlefox
archangel
archangel

Inez

Post by ivy_fiddlefox »

The leather does kinda get to be too much for me as well in the dry down, and the carnation seems to disappear. I'm gonna try a scent locket as soon as i get one before i swap this one though.
alliekat13
primordial
primordial

Inez

Post by alliekat13 »

This is beautiful and sexy. The leather is strong at first, but after a few minutes it gets toned down and a soft carnation comes out. The leather has almost a watery quality, and the carnation is slightly spicy. This scent does stay close to the skin, but it wafts enough for you to be able to smell it. Oh this is gorgeous, and I can't believe that I like it because I usually like sweet vanilla scents, and I've never liked a leather scent. I don't get any citrus at all on my skin, but in the bottle I can definetely smell it. I love Inez! I will definetely buy more bottles because I can see wearing this one quite a lot!
rhubarbbear
preternatural being
preternatural being

Inez

Post by rhubarbbear »

i get a watery quality from inez, too! clean, leathery water. LOL. it's better than that makes it sound, i promise! the overall feel of this for me is of hugging someone who has recently showered and is currently wearing a leather jacket. its comforting and kinda sexy. nice!
puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Inez

Post by puck_nc »

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: Yay for carnation, boo-hiss to leather. But I'm hoping at least one of the OAR scents will work on me.

In the Bottle: Whoa...heavy on the leather. This bodes ill.

Wet: Definitely a leather scent. But it's not a he-man Wild West leather; it's softer and has a sweetness from the carnation and a hint of citrus.

Drydown: The carnation gets a little stronger, but there's not much morph or throw with this one.

Verdict: Hm. I think I may play with this one another day or two. I can't decide right now if it's a scent I would wear.
maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Inez

Post by maribouquet »

Leather doesn't work for me. That said, Inez is very well balanced - the carnation/light lemony combination is very nice! I'm glad I got to try this one.
funkmoppet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Inez

Post by funkmoppet »

Inez is love!! I love leather, I love carnation, and this just delivers on the promises made when I read the description! No way was I not going to jump on this one. :bigsmile: I find this one just sort of...wafts on me. Carnation, then leather then carnation. Both get their turn, neither gets overpowered by the other one me. Just gorgeous, I adore it.