Inez

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

sfisher323
preternatural being
preternatural being

Inez

Post by sfisher323 »

I'm glad to see Inez getting some more love. :)
alliekat13
primordial
primordial

Inez

Post by alliekat13 »

Me too, I already ordered another bottle. :wink:
jani04
mortal
mortal

Inez

Post by jani04 »

I don't actually smell much leather in my decant? Wet I definitely get the carnations *swoons* and on my wrist the lemony soapy scent comes out a bit more but then my carnations disappears :(

My scent locket isn't here yet so I don't know whether to order a bottle or not.. but I wanna place my order asap!
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Inez

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Inez
In vial: carnation! Just like the carnation in BPAL Alice, with a little bit of orange.
On skin: mmm, this is unusual but so lovely! I can smell the oranges, bright and tangy and sunny, with the spicy warmth of red carnation underneath, and a gorgeous leather note. this leather is a little more suede-like than BPAL black leather, which is more sophisticated, but it’s not as rugged as the leather in, say, Quincy Morris-this is softer and more worn, like a leather sofa. I’d say this leather was between the slick ‘smart shoes and biker jackets’ leather and the ‘cowboy leather’ scents, a nice and comforting balance between the two. The carnation and orange mix surprisingly well with the leather. The orange fades after a while, and the carnation becomes richer, smoother and creamier, it smells just like a fresh carnation with petals that are red and frilled like a flamenco dancer’s dress, a spicy and passionate carnation with a sweet, creamy undertone. The leather has toned down as well so now it’s more like a cosy jacket that is warm and soft and comforting to wear. I never thought the combination of notes here would work but it does! And it does fantastically. I’m so glad that there’s another kitty scent that works on me. This scent makes me think of summer holidays in Spain, a wonderful antidote for cold dreary winter days. I’m definitely adopting this kitty (or her scent, at least!)
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Inez

Post by Gemma »

For some reason, I totally forgot this had citrus in it and was therefore really surprised when I opened the bottle and got a waft of spanking-new leather and bright citrus fruits.

Carnation is usually a floral that gets up in my face and totally takes over every other note it's mixed with. In this blend, though, it takes a back seat. It's a shy, demure carnation who waits until the leather and citrus have had their say before just peeking its head out winsomely.

This is such a bright scent, though a little cool due to the freshness of the leather. I'm rather torn about whether it's a keeper or not, and want to wear it more before I decide.
slashkilter
a spark
a spark

Inez

Post by slashkilter »

It's strange, really, but this is the third Possets scent I've tried that actually brings to mind all the summers I spent on holiday in Spain.

The lemon note is bright but with lots of body, deeper than sniffing straight lemon juice, which I suspect is the influence of the leather. This is a smooth, soft suede, underneath the spicy carnation gives it an exotic, sultry feel. I'm completely smitten and just cannot stop sniffing myself - I had high hopes for Inez, but this is better than I could've imagined! *swoons*
MollyG
preternatural being
preternatural being

Inez

Post by MollyG »

ZOMG! Every time I try another Posset, I find a new favorite. :)

Inez is a Spanish beauty... a little tart, a little spicy, and a little sultry. On application, I smell fresh squeezed lemon juice and a little somethin-somethin spicy; it's dry and bracing. Slowly the carnation and leather begin to emerge. Think the leather of fine gloves or books more so than riding crops or work boots. And the carnation is definitely the one I recognize from Silver Carnations, only without the sugared glaze.

Call me crazy, but I swear I pick up a note of saffron in it as well. Fabienne, is there actually saffron in Inez, or is it the by-product of an accord? At any rate, it kinda makes me want some paella right about now. Sillage and longevity are just about right -- I'm picking up wafts of it around me some three hours later, but it's not overpowering my personal airspace.

Drop. Dead. Gorgeous! I may have to buy a backup bottle before Inez is gone forever.
Aida
preternatural being
preternatural being

Inez

Post by Aida »

I received it today, and bang, love at first smell. To me Inez is the Evil sister of Silver Carnation. It's a dark carnation, rich, intense. I smell leather, but not that strong actually, to me it just transforms the scent but doesn't shout out it's here. I'm definitely on the dark side of perfumes I think, I like Silver carnation very much, but I really love Inez ! :daz:
mansku11
preternatural being
preternatural being

Inez

Post by mansku11 »

I really, really wish I had been able to get more bottles of Inez before she went away forever. Possets still has the best carnation around, and this is full-on sexy carnation like you wouldn't believe, plus the nice clean leather of your best jacket and just enough citrus. Citrus anything has fallen out of favor with me lately for one reason or another, but this is indescribably perfect. I always knew I needed a bottle of this but I should have convinced myself to hoard earlier. :Pouting_emoticon___updated:
Boudicca

Re: Inez

Post by Boudicca »

This is not Silver Carnations, this is Leather Carnations. I only get a hint of citrus (which is good for me) and it is more carnation than leather but I love it!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds