Sam

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

portalkat
mortal
mortal

Sam

Post by portalkat »

I've been trying Sam all morning long so that I could do a mini review, but he is a confusing little fellow! I smell chocolate only when it's wet. If I smell it after it's dry, then it must be combining with the apple in such a way that I don't recognize it as chocolate. Chocolate is my favorite foody note and I always look for it, but I don't smell it here and I would not categorize this as a chocolate blend. I am mainly smelling apple, sugar, and...........oh, I don't know, maybe a little musk? I just know that I really like it.
sfisher323
preternatural being
preternatural being

Sam

Post by sfisher323 »

My initial review of Sam doesn't do him justice. I don't think I've ever had a perfume morph once it hits my skin as much as Sam does. Every stage is delicious, however! At first he's chocolate and licorice with a touch of something fruity. The chocolate fades fairly quickly though and it gets sweetier, there's more sugar in Sam after he starts to dry. Then he's like a candy apple with a touch of anise. Eventually I get very little licorice/anise and he's just a gorgeous sweet, fruity, slightly caramely, bright, blend.

I love him. Love Love Love.
ivy_fiddlefox
archangel
archangel

Sam

Post by ivy_fiddlefox »

Ok i've realized i haven't reveiwed sam yet among others and I will describe to the best of my memory casue i have too many other perfumes on right now lol. Sam is very foody and spicy I realized he reminds of scrumptious banana nut bread dead on.
RastasGirl
primordial
primordial

Sam

Post by RastasGirl »

Oddly, I didn't think that Sam was highly foodie on my skin, and I don't get any of the chocolate that others have mentioned. This is a very perfumey blend on my skin, with a warm, floral quality and a touch of apple pie-esque sweetness, like crisp apple and a hint of baking spice. My skin chemistry seems to amp up whatever floral or musky qualities are in this. It's warm and pleasant enough, but not really my sort of thing. I love the apple, but I'm not crazy about the floral in this.
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Sam

Post by samcalam »

I just got my bottle of Sam and it is beautiful!! Very hard to describe -I think I am smelling dark chocolate and licorice and to me I smell somethink similar to Indigo. It is not overpowering but definitely long lasting.I just know it is stunning and unique!!!
1TrueEarthMama
preternatural being
preternatural being

Sam

Post by 1TrueEarthMama »

I am so torn, can some one help me out? I am afraid of florals and of red non-apple fruits. Also, I actively dislike licorice, but I love apple, chocolate, sweet scents, foody scents and autumn scents. Some people describe this is perfumy and not really foody and as very fresh or tart. That doesn't enspire me with confidence, but other people speak of caramel and of autumnal cakes, torts, tarts, etc and lovely spices. I love foody scents, the edible and the perfumy, but I just can't do most florals, dries, estringents, red fruits, sharp almands or licorices. What would you who have smelled it reccomend? I have a feeling that Spook might be similar enough that I wouldn't really miss out if I passed up Sam, but as he is an adopted kitty I am hesitant to risk never smelling him if I don't grab him up during retour. Thoughts?
steffanina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Sam

Post by steffanina »

1TrueEarthMama, there are two ways to go. If you never try it, you'll always be curious. That may drive you nuts or it may be a mild curiousness that you can live with. Alternatively, if you do try it, it's possible that you won't like it, that you will like it but be satified with the amount you have, or (the scary part) you might fall for it and realize you can't easily buy any more of it since it's a discontinued scent and you could make yourself crazy trying to find/hoard more. I'm careful about limited edition or discontinued scents myself because of that. A scent unsmelled is a scent uncraved.

(And this is why I myself hesitated over trying Sam. :confused: )
1TrueEarthMama
preternatural being
preternatural being

Sam

Post by 1TrueEarthMama »

The more I look at my thirty plus list of possets that I want from the summer/retour section the more I realize that I need to chop out everything I'm not absolutely sure of. I would just buy the ones that I am not sure of and then just swap or sell what I don't want, but I have a one-year-old, school
is starting soon and I don't realistically have the time or the energy to do that. Ah, the endless quest for strait-forward facts and answers in an ever-changing world, that is decidedly better for the very change that often frustrates us.
forspecial
archangel
archangel

Sam

Post by forspecial »

Just from memory, Spook is much lighter, more ethereal.....more ghosty! Sam is unique....kind of candy and kind of musky, but hard to identify the notes. Very smooth. I personally get almost a chocolate note from Sam, maybe some licorice, but I like licorice so that doesn't bother me. Sam is very well blended and there doesn't seem to be one note that stands out above the others.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Sam

Post by tarayvonne »

I got this in by mistake in an order I placed recently. I ordered Ahm On Yer Bess White Dress but got this instead because the labels are very similar. Fabienne, darling that she is, told me to keep it and she'd send me the correct one. I have to say I am very happy about the mixup because I personally love this-and NEVER would have ordered it. I hate apple, hate licorice, don't usually care for florals, etc. Nothing about the description would have made me order this. And you know what? It's beautiful, like autumn in a bottle. Everything in this contributed to the blend in such a way that it's mixed quite well and nothing jumps out at you screaming "I'm apple! I'm licorice!, I'm floral!" The components all mix together and melt together and make something not quite foody, and yet it is, not quite floral and yet there's a hint of it, and so on and so forth. To me I only smell chocolate in the bottle, but on my skin it fades immediately and lets everything else come forward. If this had a wisp of coldness to it, it would smell like Halloween night to me :)