Forever Home

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Forever Home

Post by puck_nc »

Forever Home was one of my "only let this recipe be a special special one". It is what you love to smell when you come home after a hard day: tea and cakes mingle with the smallest pinches of spices and a smooth overlay of vanilla and a few indefinable goodies.

Origin: straight from Possets

Initial Thoughts: Foody scents are hit-or-miss with me. I like some aspects of foody, but usually wind up passing the scents along because while I enjoy the scent, I don't look to wear it. But vanilla is an easy sell for me and it's for the kitties.

In the Bottle: Foody doesn't even begin to describe it.I get cake, I get spice, I get vanilla. Food heaven for those who love such notes!

Wet: On my skin, the tea comes soaring out. It's a dusky, deep rich tea with smooth vanilla in the background. For the moment the cake and spice notes are deep in the background.

Drydown: The tea and the cake balance each other out, with the vanilla keeping things oh-so-sweet. This is an incredibly comforting, cozy scent and I think Fabienne has totally succeeded in her concept of a "forever home".

ETA: After several hours of wear, the scent has morphed into a dark, rich, vanilla tea with just a dab of sweet. It smells exactly like a tea I used to drink in grad school, sold at a local coffee/wine shop, and it is divine.

Verdict: If you love tea scents and/or foody scents, definitely nab this. I'm going to try it a couple more times and decide if this will finally be the foody scent I wear.
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Forever Home

Post by whiskerwing »

I've been waiting for puck's threads - they start out much more professional. *grins*

I got my little bottle of Forever home on Wednesday (shipping is always so fast!). In the bottle, the tea scent overtakes almost all of it, and it's a little on the bitter side.

I've learned that you can't judge a posset by the bottle though, so I tried some on.

The tea scent DOES back down, and a powdery spicy vanilla cake comes out to play with the tea.

Unfortunately, on me the vanilla and cake disappear after about a half hour, and the powder and tea are all that is left.

Even so, what's left isn't an upleasant smell at all - but there's some note in the powderiness that I unfortunately don't have the nose vocabulary for. Maybe it's one of the spices, maybe it's something else, but it doesn't agree with me at all, though I could absolutely see it working on someone else.

To those who smell the strong tea in the bottle, I say try it and give it about five minutes to back down, and then another twenty minutes or so to see what it will smell like over the day.
moontess
primordial
primordial

Forever Home

Post by moontess »

Forever Home is acting a bit like Ross did on my skin, like funky musk (and this is coming from a musk loving lady). Which means it's the vanilla and my chemistry, so I'll wait 2 weeks to try again and it will probably be divine.
dpoulsen21
a spark
a spark

Forever Home

Post by dpoulsen21 »

LOVE. THIS. On me this is High Tea with spicy/sweet cake mixed in. Throw is good and it lasts forever - I put some on before work, and I could still smell it when I got home (and my skin drinks most perfume oil up within an hour or two, so that's pretty amazing). Glad I picked up two bottles!
steffanina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Forever Home

Post by steffanina »

A kind of...foody smoke. This is the kind of smokiness that reminds me of Fabienne's Halloween, though it's sweeter--more like burnt sugar, with a bitterish/sour note--like someone decided to put out the burning sugar with a splash of lemon. I don't get tea or spice off this myself. It's interesting--I may decide it never moves beyond interesting for me, or I may fall in love with it in two weeks, because that often happens with "interesting." ^_^ It did with Halloween, for example!
maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Forever Home

Post by maribouquet »

Spiced honey cake! Really nice, but the drydown is oddly My Little Pony on me. Bummer :(
funkmoppet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Forever Home

Post by funkmoppet »

Okay. There's two bakery notes that hate me, and I'd *dearly love* to know what they are so I can avoid yet another heartbreak. One is the note that turns to celery salt on me (Pomona), and the other is the note that's in FH (and countless other bakery blends).

Forever home begins in spectacular fashion with the most heavenly tea'n'cakes smell. Then it does the most amazing, out-of-nowhere burst of something gently floral, like someone's opened the kitchen window and the smell of flowers wafts in. Then as it dries down, in stampedes this obnoxious, overbearing and now all-too-familiar bakery disaster that smells and feels like I've been walled up in the gingerbread cottage with burnt treacle and burnt nuts and left to suffocate.

Thank you, skin chemistry. Thank you so much.

I'm glad to have Forever Home to complete my kitty collection, but unless aging helps tame the burnt treacle pudding monster, it's destined to be admired only.

:cry:
HappyLoveJoy
preternatural being
preternatural being

Forever Home

Post by HappyLoveJoy »

The more I wear this the more I love it. On me, it's not what I'd call a pretty scent but it's got that certain something which keeps drawing me to it. There's a sort of dry, woody sweetness but it's not too sweet. The bakery feel I get is that of a crusty loaf of fresh-baked bread like brioche. It's soft and piping hot in the middle and dark toasty brown on the outside. Another foody-type note reminds me of homemade french toast (without syrup) that has sugar added to the batter so the bread caramelizes. I also smell smoky vanilla pipe tobacco and/or a freshly opened pack of cigarettes. Near the end I could swear I get something fruity but it's elusive. I find it truly comforting and it really does evoke that home smell. Not just the smell of a house but Home.

ETA: When this dries down to almost gone I think the fruit I smell is orange. Like it was halved, sprinkled with brown sugar, caramelized and then dusted with unsweetened cocoa. It's a "dark" orange. And I think I smell just the lightest floral; nothing particular, just a tinge.
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Forever Home

Post by samcalam »

I ordered a bottle and to me it smells like lovely milky bubble tea. I really like it. I decided to mix some into some unscented handcream and it smells great and it really lasts and lasts. :shimmykitty:
Aevalin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forever Home

Post by Aevalin »

I get tea and spice cake and something else I can't put my finger on. I really like it - it's darker than a traditionally foodie bakery blend, but it's rich and has a lot of dimension. I loooooooooooooove it :)