Forever Home

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

merveilleuse
preternatural being
preternatural being

Forever Home

Post by merveilleuse »

i get straight up bakery! then later, i THINK i smell tea but i can't catch it. i am going to have to try this one a few more times. it goes slightly plasticky after while, which sucks. maybe aging will do good things, though! :animal0013:
etienne
archangel
archangel

Forever Home

Post by etienne »

I really wanted to love this because of the concept, and the description, but sadly it wasn't to be.

I get a very overpowering kind of a 'burnt' smell from this. It reminds me of baked potatoes or something similar. I don't really get any of the other notes at all. :cry: Except after I've had a bath and washed it away, when I stick my nose really close to my arm where FH has been I can smell a spicy, slightly creamy foody scent still lingering there.
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Forever Home

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Forever Home
In bottle: cakes and tea with spices! Like a mix of Gibbous and foodier notes.
On skin: oh, this is gorgeous, so endearing! I smell black tea (not green or white, but proper English tea with milk and sugar) served with delicious spicy cakes and biscuits. There’s a wonderful whiff of cardamom to this, as well as creamy clove and cinnamon, and a dab of jam (I’m thinking apricot but it may well be raspberry or blackcurrant) and a lot of vanilla. Interestingly, there seems to also be an amber note, a non-foody sweetness in the midst of all the gourmand fun, making this scent a bit more sophisticated and mature, more than just a ‘tea and cakes’ scent. this reminds me of Gibbous with less booze and more cake. It then goes into a more cake-y phase, and then into a tea phase, but now it smells like fruity spicy amber fringed with cake crumbs, I think there’s plum in here? Yes, I think it’s plum, spicy amber and plum and sweet dark vanilla beans. I adore this one, it’s my favourite of the cat-themed scents, sweet, approachable, gourmand but not cloying, with a wonderful and rich amber-plum undertone and possibly a bit of carnation too. I adore this one and I’m so glad I got a bottle, it really is the perfect comfort scent.
rachel2205
preternatural being
preternatural being

Forever Home

Post by rachel2205 »

Boo, I wish I had got this one! But most of June I was quite strapped for cash. Perhaps it will come up again soon - let's keep our fingers crossed for the kitties.
cosmoblue15
a spark
a spark

Forever Home

Post by cosmoblue15 »

In Vial, flowers spices, vanilla, citrus.
Wet spicy floral.
Dry it is definitely yummy tea and cakes, but it is making my nose itch and I sneezed I really want to like this so I may try it again. I can't stop sniffing my wrist but then I sneeze it is terribly wonderful. Oh cruelty.:Quivering_emoticon:
silvrangl

Forever Home

Post by silvrangl »

I tried this one b/c I am a foodie lover. In the bottle I smell tea and a little cake. On my skin it is more cake. On drydown it becomes the mix of tea and cake. It is good fun.
morningglory
principalities
principalities

Forever Home

Post by morningglory »

Swoon. :Smitten_emoticon: Swoon. This is The Best Perfume Ever. In the bottle it smells of tea and cream and sweet cake. On the skin wet, it's tea and old fashioned graham crackers. As it dries down, the graham cracker becomes predominant, with a random hint of . . .strawberry? Fully dry, it smells of the best English Breakfast tea with milk and sugar. And just a hint of graham crackers and strawberry jam. I just got a bottle. I will definitely be order three bottles now of during Dog Days. *lovelovelovelovelove* *covet the precious* Ok, we totally need a LOTR icon.
Alaizabel
mortal
mortal

Forever Home

Post by Alaizabel »

I'm going crazy with these retour decants. And now I keep adding bottle after bottle to my order wish list. Anyway, I ordered a sample of this because I'm a foodie lover. In theory. I love the foodie scents; I want to eat my arm; they make me hungry, etc. etc. However, at the end of the day, I find I don't actually want to smell like a sugar cookie/cotton candy swirl/lollipop, etc. But, in Forever Home, I've found that luscious foodie scent that's both delicious AND wearable. All day long I've been catching whiffs off my wrist... the most delicate, lovely, tea and pastry, yet light and complex scent. On me, it's got that wonderful, deep, buttery pastry base, but yet it wafts pure sophistication. (not like I just stepped out of the deep fryer at the donut shop like some of the other foodie blends I've tried from different etailers.) I just LOVE this.
hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Forever Home

Post by hyacinth »

Gosh...I smelled honey...I think...but I have such a love of the BIGGGGG Possets foody scents: The Gingerbread Houses, Limoncello La Dolce Vita, Reason, that this was quite tame for me. HOWEVER, if I had a whole bottle, I'd wear it!
:pisces:
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Forever Home

Post by Ajila »

A dry, sweet scent, it is very much like that soft after scent of home baking. Pretty, warm and delicate, it's not necessarily something that I would wear every day, but it's definitely a keeper.