Forever Home

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

chinacat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Forever Home

Post by chinacat »

It starts out smelling like freshly brewed tea, and cake or a sweet kind of bread. As it dries, it takes on a faintly musky or smoky note, along with a hint of caramel. The only downside is that it fades quickly on me, so I need to re-apply it frequently. It is a warm, gentle fragrance that could be worn anytime. And I like the idea of having a fragrance that is in honor of one of the OAR kitties being adopted, which is definitely something to celebrate.:bigsmile:
wl552
powers
powers

Forever Home

Post by wl552 »

I HAD to get Forever Home with the OAR kitties. So glad I did. It is a comforting home type scent. In the bottle, it's warm sweet bread... so yummy. Same for wet on the skin. Dry, it retains that lovely sweet warmness, but it's not so bread-y anymore. It reminds me of vanilla icing! Not overly sweet, but gently so. I like this one very much!
Tanjiro
a spark
a spark

Forever Home

Post by Tanjiro »

This is definitely in my "top three-ish" Possets, my first bottle purchase, and the one I reach for again and again. There is a lot going on as the fragrance dries: tea, sweet breads, apricot jam, a crazy jumble of gourmand delights. The beauty is that with every sniff for hours I get something a little different, a spiced butter cookie here, lemon tea there. Somehow every sniff is delicious and a little different, its comforting and diverse at the same time. I crave this perfume more than any other.
critterfriend
archangel
archangel

Forever Home

Post by critterfriend »

I was wearing this today to see if I need to make a backup bottle purchase while it's around in honor of Penelope's & Tyrone's adoptions, & realized I need to review it. Forever Home was my very first ever full bottle purchase (from Possets, or anywhere else), & I ordered it unsniffed based on the description & what it represents for the OAR kitties (yes, I'm a total sucker for critters).

This is a wonderful scent!! On me it's strong honey (reminds me of the honey in The Girls Love Vanilla!), smooth creamy tea, & cakes dusted with powdery spices. The throw on this one is mostly honey, & it wafts gently around me while I type. This doesn't really morph on me, for which I'm glad. Really lovely & cozy.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Forever Home

Post by warriortwo »

Ohhhh I love this SO much. SO much. It smells a little like Bourbon vanilla (does that actually have bourbon in it?) straight from the bottle, and sweet comfort foods, just like taking tea and cakes. This might sound strange, but it smells like something I've wanted "that other perfume company" to create, but everything I've tried from their line falls short for me. This succeeds...it has enough elusive character and mystery that it's a very enticing blend. Unless you simply cannot stand sweet or foody blends, I imagine just about anyone would love it.
orata
mortal
mortal

Forever Home

Post by orata »

Mmmm. I just swapped for a bottle of this and it smells lovely, like chewy chocolate chip cookies (not so much the chocolate, but the eggy chewy vanilla-sweetened dough), with a bit of nutmeg and tea. I'm sniffing this side by side with Tisane of the Witch right now, to compare them--they're quite similar, but I get more black tea out of Tisane, while Forever Home is heavier on the sweet vanilla-laden baked goods.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Forever Home

Post by tarayvonne »

"I'm sniffing this side by side with Tisane of the Witch right now, to compare them--they're quite similar, but I get more black tea out of Tisane, while Forever Home is heavier on the sweet vanilla-laden baked goods."

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better. It is very like Tisane of the Witch but with less tea and smoke. I adore them both. I was scared of this one because of the honey note which goes bad on me but this works fine. I'm glad to have finally tried it and I highly approve :) It's lovely if you liked the whole "baked goods" scent thing. If not you prbably won't care for it. But for those of us who do it's very enjoyable. Like going home to the wonderful aroma of Mom baking something yummy :)
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forever Home

Post by Maya »

The more I see reviews of this one, the more my lemming for it grows. I'm not sure if this one will come back around again, but if it does I hope I get first notice. :-D
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
palma
archangel
archangel

Forever Home

Post by palma »

Maya, I have one on my swap list if it could interest you...
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forever Home

Post by Maya »

Palma, it definitely does interest me. Being new here, I'm not sure what I need to do to jump all over this. :-D
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!