Pauline - The Joy of Autumn (Fall 2008)

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

peacecat30
primordial
primordial

Post by peacecat30 »

The most comforting and lovely aspects of fall wrapped up in one fragrance is Pauline. She smells of chysanthamums and coffee, the earth and the out doors with the dried leaves and when the world is wrapping itself up for a long winter's snooze. As appealing as Pauline's soft gray fur.

You know how some scents can provoke a strong reminiscence? This scent does that for me. The strong coffee and slight floral take me straight back to church socials when I was a kid. There was always a big pot of strong coffee, cookies and flowers on the tables. Ah, such a warm comforting scent. This scent seems to fade rather quickly on my skin though. Maybe I need to apply it a bit heavier. I truly love this scent. I want a tub full of it.
forspecial
archangel
archangel

Post by forspecial »

Pauline is wonderful! I could only afford 1 bottle to start with this year's Halloween scents, and I think I made the right choice.

She starts off with coffee, sweetened just how I like my iced coffee. Later as the scent dries and warms up, the dry autumn flora drifts out. I'm not sure I can pick out the chrysanthemum specifically, but it's more of a blend of leaves and very very light floral. Everything is blended and balanced just beautifully.

I almost feel like hoarding another bottle, but I already have 2 bottles of Ribbands, and this is slightly similar to that scent. I agree that it's light....I put on pretty much for me and it's just the right strength. I am really happy with this kittie!! :love:
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Oh I love Ribbands, maybe I need this one? I was scared of the floral notes. Florals hates me they does.:Quivering_emoticon:
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

This is Autumn in a bottle. It really is. Not dead leaves, dry soil, literal earthy-Autumn, but all those feelings and scents and textures of Fall combined. It's primarily a smoky coffee scent with a warm base note, like the coffee has a big dollop of sugar in. It somehow conveys lots of cold air, too, so that you want to wrap your chilled hands around the deliciously warm mug. It's a little nutty, a little dry, but smooth too. Really, really lovely. It reminds me of Ribbands, but about a thousand times better (and I love Ribbands so this tells you something!)

This is my BIG winner of all the Halloween/Fall blends. :)
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Oh my! I will need this one. I love Ribbands too, that seals it then. Evil enablers 4tw!:Smitten_emoticon:
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Post by whiskerwing »

So...so what exactly do chrysanthemums smell like?

No, wait, that's the wrong question. What, vaguely and similarly, do chrysanthemums smell like? Because Gemma's description sounds utterly divine.
Christine Daae
mortal
mortal

Post by Christine Daae »

This may be the first of the coffee blends that I have tried that I truly love.

The earlier descriptions are spot-on, this is truly the scent of a day when the first real chill seeps into the air, it's the scent of wrapping your hands around a sweet cup of coffee and looking out at that impossibly blue sky. When I first put it on, it's straight-up coffee bean, and then it mellows and gets sweeter. It is so sweet and cozy, it reminds me of putting on your favorite fall sweater again for the first time of the season. I love this.
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

Whiskerwing, chrysanthemums have always smelled like very thick, heavy flowers to me with a hint of natural spice. They're big unabashed blossoms, a little carnation like, to my nose. I really don't get any of that from Pauline but I suspect some of its smoky warmth is from this note. :)
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Post by whiskerwing »

*weeble wobbles* Hmmmm. I'm not a fan of carnations, but I do love coffee. I'll have to think on it. (It's hardly as though there aren't a ton of other scents to fall in love with!) Thank you. <3
forspecial
archangel
archangel

Post by forspecial »

In my opinion the floral part of this scent is more of a whisper in the background. It's much more of a sweet coffee scent with hints of leaves and dry flowers. But I have always liked chrysanthemum so it might not stand out as much to my nose! :Flowerssniffer: