Pauline - The Joy of Autumn (Fall 2008)

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

critterfriend
archangel
archangel

Post by critterfriend »

This is my first review (ever), so please excuse my inexperienced nose (& my wierd body chemistry, that has a habit of turning scents way different from the notes listed).

Date Blended/Purchased: Nov 2010

Origin: straight from Possets

Wet: fresh wet coffee grounds & flowers (I don't really know much about flowers, but this must be the chrysanthamum)

Drydown: a mug of coffee & flowers

Later: very faint sweetened coffee, not much of the flowers anymore

Thoughts: Pauline makes me think of having a morning cup of coffee in a cheery kitchen with fresh flowers on the table. The notes in the blend meld really well, but it is a very light scent on me, with minimal throw from the start. It fades away quickly, too -- after an hour or 2 I had to really sniff hard, & very close to the skin, to be able to detect it.
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

Pauline reminds me a little of Venus Black- must be the earthy part. I LOVE the lovely sweet coffee part. She is STUNNING so glad I read all these reviews and bought her!!! While she did not last too long on my skin- AMAZING in the scent locket
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

Why, skin chemistry, why?? :Argh: I adore the smell of coffee and initially this is everything I wanted.....beautiful, rich espresso! And then.....urgh sour, sour milk with an added horrible plastic note....so upsetting! I resisted the urge to wash it off and after about an hour it settled into a faint sweetness, but had lost all the coffee. I'm going to give it one more try in a couple of weeks, but it seems my skin really hates this and turns it into something vile! :sad::sad::sad:
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I am so sorry lulu! I love Pauline, but my chem also loves it, which I am really, really grateful for. Are there scents you love? I can trade you Pauline for one of the other Fabienne creations if I have one that you love?
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

Atropos- I'm going to wait a few weeks and see if it works better the next time- I adore coffee!! Thanks for your kind offer, if you are still keen then, I will let you know!!:bigsmile:
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

No worries! I can't get enough Pauline myself, but it would make me even happier to have another lover of Pauline, especially since I am trying to campaign for her to be the next Store Kitty.:1shimmykitty:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I just stumbled across this description (thanks to the lovely crowdsourced links), and this sounds amaaaaaazing. I hope to see it back again some day. *Fingers crossed
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pauline - The Joy of Autumn (Fall 2008)

Post by Maya »

Adding the Possets description: "The most comforting and lovely aspects of fall wrapped up in one fragrance is Pauline. She smells of chysanthamums and coffee, the earth and the out doors with the dried leaves and when the world is wrapping itself up for a long winter's snooze. As appealing as Pauline's soft gray fur. Foody, gourmand, spicy. Kitty."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
FrenchWaffle
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by FrenchWaffle »

Yet another retour order.

In the bottle: Brewed coffee, very fresh smelling. With a hint of sweetness to it.
Wet: Coffee beans freshly ground, not straight up arabica beans but something sweeter.
Drying: The COFFEE note dissipates almost instantly fading into the background. A creamy sweetness takes center stage at this point.
Dry: Madame X, how did you get here? I am getting that creamy/vanilla-ish musk that I got from Madame X now. But there is something a tad more floral about this, not traditional floral but something more on the foody end.
Final thoughts: I like the coffee in this and wish it could have stuck around longer. I like the creaminess of this, but Madame X has more throw and lasts longer on me. However I really do like how this one plays out and will keep this one around.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it, don’t wait for it, just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair or two cups of good hot black coffee." -Twin Peaks
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Pauline is lovely--a creamy, comforting coffee softened by a subtle, possibly floral quality (maybe the chrysanthemums listed). Unfortunately it's so very soft on my skin that I can't detect more than that. It's a beautiful fragrance, and I hope that in a little time it'll develop more throw on me.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.