Gabby

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

porcelina
primordial
primordial

Gabby

Post by porcelina »

Description: "Like a ghost drifting into your consciousness. Very smooth, very suave, very insinuating. Gabby is the perfect Halloween kitty who has you loving her sweet soft ways. Two ambers twine suggestively like a cat's tail around a center of pure milk and a shot of sugar, or better than sugar! Very nice stuff."

Gabby is WONDERFUL! This one was kind of a maybe/maybe not last minute order addition for me, because I don't do foodies and this seemed like it could be a teeeeensy bit foody. Never fear, the amber keeps Gabby from veering into edible territory, although it did make me feel a little bit like a creamy, sweet confection. Smooth, warm, creamy, sweet- I really cannot describe this well enough. It is marvelous and I think I may need a second bottle!
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Gabby

Post by whiskerwing »

Would you say it's similar to Lambs? Gabby sounds wonderful, but also somewhat Lambs-like, and Lambs sadly did not work on me. Does anyone know whether the astringent/sour note I got from Lambs might be in here?

*crosses fingers*

Thank you!
Christine Daae
mortal
mortal

Gabby

Post by Christine Daae »

Gabby doesn't smell anything at-all like Lambs, to me. I know what note you mean - thankfully it did not go sour to me, but it sort of seemed like it wanted to - and to my nose I don't smell that note at all. This is more ambery-sweet than milky-sweet. (I'll do a proper review sooner or later, but for now just OMG SO PRETTY.)
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Gabby

Post by whiskerwing »

*twirls* Oh, thank you very much!
Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Gabby

Post by Gale »

I am a fool for amber, just to get that out of the way.

Gabby is a delightful sweet amber. I didn't catch any milkiness either, but that may still appear. It is just so absolutely lovely, warm, and sweet. Perfect for cool weather. Heck--I wore it on a warm day and it was perfect then, too!
cuervosueno
preternatural being
preternatural being

Gabby

Post by cuervosueno »

I got this purely based on reviews, and am I glad I did! It is gorgeous--starts out as a sweet, creamy almost candied blend, then the amber starts making itself known....It is golden sweet goodness...Foody, but not too much, with the most lovely golden amber....

I really love it!:shimmykitty:
MrsMurderface
a spark
a spark

Gabby

Post by MrsMurderface »

I, too, tossed this one in as a last minute "maybe" - and I'm so glad I did it!
In the bottle, it wasn't too remarkable. As I'm typing this at work (I know, bad Murderface!), I can't even remember what it smelled like. That's why I've been putting this off for three days...but now I'm sold! When I first put it on this morning, it smelled *almost* like chocolate, but after a couple minutes it turned into something a bit spicier and more exotic - the ambers, I'm guessing. I've got that milk note, too, more on the condensed milk end of the spectrum, nothing bitter about it at all, just warm warm warm and smooth. The throw on this one is nice, too. I'm hoping it'll last me all day, since it's raining and autumny out and this makes a wonderful counterpoint.

OH, and also my own kitties both seemed to like it! They were more affectionate than usual when I was putting it on, and my shy one who hates to be picked up (she chooses when she wants to be on you, and will not be humiliated by being carried), totally let me carry her around the bedroom, sniffing my neck the whole time.:love:
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Gabby

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Gabby
In vial: ohhh, amber and woods. Reminds me of Perpetual Motion.
On skin: mmm, yeah, this is good stuff. Very good stuff indeed! Delicious amber with resinous-incense nuances mix with sensual yet creamy and comforting vanilla and something that smells a great deal like honey. And also a touch of sandalwood or some other wood to ground the scent. this is beautiful! It’s both exotic and mysterious with that oriental amber-spice thing going on, and also very comforting with that vanilla sugar sweetness. There’s possibly also a touch of musk here too which makes this smell pleasantly powdery, or rather, a bit fuzzy, like cat fur. As I said, this scent does remind me of Perpetual Motion but I think this is more amber-y and less woody, and also more powdery. I do not smell milk in here. The scent doesn’t change too much but I think it becomes sweeter and smoother and more ‘nuzzly’ in scent, makes me want to snuggle down, it’s such a cosy scent! At times I smell hints of what could be honey, and also that lovely vanilla musk which I have smelt in a few other Possets, which always smells so gentle and approachable to me. This is my favourite of this Halloween’s round of cat scents, and could compete with Inez as my favourite Possets kitty scent ever! To quote LOLcats: I can has bottle nao?
portalkat
mortal
mortal

Gabby

Post by portalkat »

This is one of my favorite Possets ever. I often need to layer something sweet with the drier resin and wood blends that I love and Gabby is great for that. That means that I get to wear Gabby a lot because I am always layering. It is sweet and resinous and, although "milk" is mentioned in the description, I did not come across it. I, too, don't generally do foody and initially passed on Gabby. I even had to email Fabienne to add it to an open order, so it was a huge surprise that it was more sweet resins rather than foody. I am going to hoard bottles of this because I know that I will be using it quite a bit. :shimmykitty:
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Gabby

Post by whiskerwing »

A question, if some of you could help, before I choose whether or not to try this one. It's been likened to Perpetual Motion Machine, which was too sweet for me, and had an almost maple syrupy-ness to it. I don't really know what "amber" and "resins" smell like, so I was wondering if perhaps some of you could steer me towards or away from this one based on my perception of PPM?