Gabby

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gabby

Post by fabienne »

I think this one would be too sweet for you, judging by what you like. If you are looking for something drier among the Halloween kitties, try Margot or Hayden.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
whiskerwing
archangel
archangel

Gabby

Post by whiskerwing »

Thank you, Fabienne! <3
ereiniel
mortal
mortal

Gabby

Post by ereiniel »

Okay.

I'm going to put in a vote now to adopt Gabby as our second, third, fourth, or whatever number we're on, Virtual Store Cat ...

... if only so I can have ready access to her scent ALL THE TIME.

Lovely warm amber (with a slight hint of incense that made me pause for a minute, but it goes away quickly) with sweet creamy sugar. It's wonderfully light, smooth, and cozy. After going through bottles and bottles of Flossing for the past year, this is a nice sort-of-but-not-really similar scent that's wonderfully mature, which I have begun to wear daily to school (I've just finished my first sem of law school) and could just as easily wear in the courtroom with confidence b/c it makes me feel ... older and important.

So ... bottom line is, if we can keep this scent around for like, forever, that would be all sorts of amazing.
donthate
mortal
mortal

Gabby

Post by donthate »

This is a super soft, dry amber on me. The milk and the sugar aren't really notes on their own but rather add creaminess to the amber, and there is little to no sweetness. Very calm and comforting, kind of like a warm blanket. :)
merveilleuse
preternatural being
preternatural being

Gabby

Post by merveilleuse »

first sniff: mmm...kinda spicy, a little creamy. this reminds me of something. i hate to say it, but it's a little powdery/diapery. but not unpleasant.
applied: mm, getting better. it's like a warm, toasty vanilla. still powdery, and a bit plasticy. i'll let this one sit for a bit. it has potential.
a bit later: okay, i don't want to be gross. when i was a teen and still living at home, a mouse ended up in the vent, and died there. my mom and i used some vanilla-scented stuff to cover the smell, and this reminds me of it. this is only my personal association, and i can tell that gabby is real lovely underneath this not-so-nice review. i will come back to this one!
(also posted on BPAL forums)
cosmoblue15
a spark
a spark

Gabby

Post by cosmoblue15 »

In Bottle, warrm, sweet, creamy.
Wet, soft, warm, powdery, sweet, creamy.
Dry, warm soft sweet, the powder is now a bit spicy. This is very nice and perfumey and classy.

ETA: I forgot to mention that this lasted over 24 from shower to shower.
Aida
preternatural being
preternatural being

Gabby

Post by Aida »

Strangely enough, I would have thought it would be too sweet... and yet, I don't know why, some of your reviews told me I had to give it a try. And I don't regret it at all. I'm not a foody perfumes person, but this is too me a very dry chocolate scent. To me it's really powdered cocoa. Once settled, it really melts on the skin and don't smell foody at all. It's not sweet on me, it's just really nice.
kelthulu

Gabby

Post by kelthulu »

You know, I loved Gabby the first time I tried her on. I was just digging back through my Possets and re-sniffing things, and I opened Gabby up again... She often gets left behind as I get distracted with other etailors...

But you know what? Gabby just gets better, and better, every time I try her! Sweet, comforting amber and cream. This is such a delicious scent, and it's got great staying power. If it can comfort me after a bad night at work with very sick patients -- that's saying something!

:shimmykitty:
Hazel-rah
mortal
mortal

Gabby

Post by Hazel-rah »

I LOVE GABBY! I was unsure of her because of the "milk" but I had no reason to fear: Gabby is soft creamy amber, not at all resinous, and baked or toasted sugar crystals! The milk note reminds me of the wonderfully sugary sweet milk left in the bowl from a yummy bad-for-you-but-oh-so-good cavity-inducing cereal, like Frosted Flakes! :bigsmile:
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Gabby

Post by Atropos »

Uh oh, sounds like I missed a kitty I would love. Drats! :Argh: