Gabby

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

merveilleuse
preternatural being
preternatural being

Gabby

Post by merveilleuse »

yeah, i was wrong about gabby. she is a real beautiful kitty. a creamy and beautiful amber. wow wow! i love her. :peace:
tupilak
mortal
mortal

Gabby

Post by tupilak »

For me is Gabby not so foody-sweet, it`s more hippie (the Amber ).Perfect for a evening in summer, a long colourful dress from India...I love it.
go_girl_go
primordial
primordial

Gabby

Post by go_girl_go »

Love, love, love Gabby! Soft and creamy and sweet--it's a perfect, long lasting, comforting scent. :Smitten_emoticon:
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Gabby

Post by Ajila »

Sadly my skin chemistry just didn't play nicely with Gabby. I got variously; curry powder, play doh and a surprisingly agressive musk :Raincloud_emoticon:
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Gabby

Post by Petticoats »

Sweet merciful goodness, Gabby is gorgeous! The most beautifully soft, almost smoky amber, with the smokier/darker/drier smelling vanilla, not foodie, but stately... like Seraphim's elegant, queenly mother in a velvet gown. I am in love. And this beauty is endangered? *runs to put more in shopping cart*

ETA: As it dries down there is the most glorious *richness* to it, almost a woodiness. This is majestic and yet enticingly lush. A fragrance to fall fathoms deep into.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Petticoats wrote:Sweet merciful goodness, Gabby is gorgeous! The most beautifully soft, almost smoky amber, with the smokier/darker/drier smelling vanilla, not foodie, but stately... like Seraphim's elegant, queenly mother in a velvet gown. I am in love. And this beauty is endangered? *runs to put more in shopping cart*

ETA: As it dries down there is the most glorious *richness* to it, almost a woodiness. This is majestic and yet enticingly lush. A fragrance to fall fathoms deep into.

Oh. My. I'm so glad I ordered this. It sounds amaaaaaaaazing.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Maya, if you are an amber and/or vanilla fan, I think you'll adore it too. And if not, you can always sell your bottle to me. :grin:

ETA: I wish I were better at distinguishing notes, because (especially when everthing is so well balanced) I think I sometimes attribute a quality to one note that's really the characteristic of another. But the total effect is magnificent, even if I'm a little fuzzy on exactly how all the pieces fit together to produce that effect.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I am so sad that this one is endangered. Gabby is SO lovely. I get a bit of animalic/skin vibe from this (which I love), but overall it's like the lovely woods from Perpetual Motion snuggled up with the warmest and snuggliest ambers all smoothed over by a smidge of vanilla. I'm so glad I have her, but now that I know what she's like it makes me mourn the loss of both Perpetual Motion and Gabby even more. :cry:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!