Susie

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

donthate
mortal
mortal

Susie

Post by donthate »

In this case the sum of the parts is greater than the whole and it becomes a green/sandalwood-like scent but yet it is not sandalwood but a lovely melange of a dark amber, citrus peel and a vanilla-like addition which is quite toothsome by itself. Somehow they did all get together and become and very straightforward and lovely blend, just like its namesake, Susie the beautiful shirtfront tabby.

(Susie is adorable and very friendly. She likes to greet people coming into OAR and she has no teeth! She will nibble you, though. It's so cute you can't stand it.)

My thoughts:
I got sweet gingerbread, greens, and grapefruit...sounds odd, but it smells REALLY GOOD!!! It's warm/sugary/cozy yet fresh/green at the same time. The notes meld really well together. It isn't what I expected-rather, it's better! :bigsmile:
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Susie

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Susie
In bottle: amber and grapefruit! Like Sammy meets Gabby.
On skin: what the? The grapefruit is going wonky? For a moment it smells a bit like asphalt! My skin’s warped the bitter peel of the grapefruit into a weird rubbery-tarmac scent. that didn’t happen with Sammy. But I smell the amber and some other sweet things underneath, so I’ll just see what happens with that weird asphalt scent…it does indeed seem to recede, but the scent is overwhelming grapefruit for now, even more so than Sammy. I found Sammy to be a ‘juice’ scent, this is a ‘peel’ scent. much more bitter. The rubbery scent does fade but the scent is dominated by the grapefruit peel. I do smell promising hints of warm sweet amber and deeper vanilla notes than Sammy, maybe some musk too, and spices or berries, but it seems the grapefruit gets in the way. the citrus does tame gradually, and turns more into the juicy grapefruit I prefer. There’s also a little bit of creaminess, a vanilla-amber scent like Perpetual Motion, maybe some sandalwood too, that seems to appear. The grapefruit then fades away, leaving a soft amber-vanilla-musk tinged with citrus and a slight cologne element. Not as sugary and with a more sophisticated edge to the vanilla in Sammy. This one is a lot sleeker and more perfume-y. I have to compare Susie and Sammy together to see which grapefruit kitty is best. I like this one eventually once the odder topnote fades a little, but I think I prefer Sammy.
RastasGirl
primordial
primordial

Susie

Post by RastasGirl »

I really love Susie. In the bottle and on my skin at first, this is all pink grapefruit and vanilla amber sweetness. I can smell a sweet, juicy, pink grapefruit, warm vanilla amber, and a hint of bitterness from the grapefruit peel keeping all of the sweetness in check. Susie is a snuggly, sweet, sun-warmed fragrance to me. The amber is a smooth, perfect amber and the grapefruit is actually playing nice on me. I'm surprised that I love this so much, because citrus scents (and grapefruit especially) usually go all sour, sharp, and off on my skin. Susie is just gorgeous and perfectly sweet. The drydown after about a half hour reminds me of Burberry Brit Red for women (warm, sweet vanilla and a hint of gingerbread mixed up with a shot of tangy citrus/fruitiness). Lovely...
Pony
a spark
a spark

Susie

Post by Pony »

Verrry nice. This is a bright, yet warm scent on me. I understand the "green un-sandalwood" description. I can pick out grapefruit, which dries down to just a citrus hint. Is that warmth the amber? Very nice. A very happy scent that I have dipped into several times since she arrived. A little green, a little woodsy, a little citrusy.
Hazel-rah
mortal
mortal

Susie

Post by Hazel-rah »

What's burning? AAAAH, WHERE'S THE FIRE?!? Oh, it's Susie on my wrist -???- Yes, skin-close, Susie is stalks (if that's the form) of green sandalwood or bitter bark burning on smoldering embers, or those thick ropes of very smokey incense, or the loose incense you burn on charcoal tablets. But the throw is lovely creamy Citrus/Vanilla/Amber, so as long as I don't huff my wrist, Susie and I are goooood. :daz:
ivy_fiddlefox
archangel
archangel

Susie

Post by ivy_fiddlefox »

I've been trying to get along with Susie a for a while now, and this is probably my second wear of her. I get what you mean about the "asphalt" though. It does seem a bit funky but the throw is nice, so I agree as long as I'm not huffing, it's pretty and the amber i lovely and I love amber. Kind of reminds me of nighttime, outside,maybe autumn, I'm trying to describe the feel of this scent but it's hard,:Mime_emoticon: I think I agree, there's a fire burning in the lonesome of the night outside and the moon is full and peeking from behind some misty clouds. The grass is also dewy. Susie smells like hope in the darkness... hehe
kelp
a spark
a spark

Susie

Post by kelp »

First test: amber, and sandalwood (?) - with bite. weird and sharp

second test: Grapefruit! That's what I'm smelling. When I read "citrus" in the description, I was thinking orange. This is the tartest grapefruit imaginable. not juicy or sweet. After a few minutes the grapefruit steps back, and it dries down to some amber/sandalwood with a hint of citrus- soft and snuggly and very well blended. I'm liking this, but it's different from what I'd normally wear - I don't usually like sandalwood.