Wilma

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Wilma

Post by puck_nc »

Kitty is in the fleurs. She loves to let the sepals tickle her face and loves the fine smells of lilies in the winter. Wilma is much more of a seductive scent than you might imagine with a name like that, think of the Blue Angel type of beauty with an unusual name. Really pretty.

Origin: Straight from Possets

Initial Thoughts: Most of the OAR kitties have been way too foody or citrus-y from the descriptions for me. This one, with its promise of floral goodness, sounded promising.

In the Bottle: Hello, lily! Lots of lily-floral goodness.

Wet: Ooh! Lily and I think magnolia, all crushed together. This reminds me a bit of Xmas in New Orleans without the creamy quality. Strongly lily and strongly white floral.

Drydown: A bit of lemon wafts in to curl up with the flowers. ETA: Darn it...it's starting to go soapy on me... but it might make a good scent locket candidate.

Verdict: I will probably do a side-by-side with scents like Xmas in New Orleans and Titanium White before I make a final decision, but this is a lovely scent for floral/lily fans to try.
merveilleuse
preternatural being
preternatural being

Wilma

Post by merveilleuse »

mmm, i get pretty roses from this. they are kind of dusty, but still alive. this is really nice. feminine, but not overpowering or powdery.
suzie
preternatural being
preternatural being

Wilma

Post by suzie »

Mmm, this one is yummy. Very cool and floral, lilies with a creamy base, maybe a hint of lemon and musk. This is in the same family as Hayden, but with lilies. Very nice for a summer scent. :Smitten_emoticon:
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Wilma

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Wilma
In vial: an incredibly pretty sweet lily with powdery nuances.
On skin: this is lovely. It smells like a sweetish, lily-like flower with hints of other spring blooms-maybe hyacinth and daffodil/narcissus, with a touch of almost vanilla-like powder and a musky background. It’s the ‘Possets musk’, that demure and soft, light and pretty and cosy yet sensual musk scent that I get in a lot of Possets, such as this one. This also reminds me a bit of Thaw, it’s not as complex, and not as musky, but the floral-musk scent with sophistication I get here reminds me of it. and then suddenly, the lily transforms into a rose! A big deep red rose, for that matter. Not the delicate rose in Silver Roses or Starry Night, but a rich dark antique rose scent. I still smell the delicate powdery musk and hints of some other flowers as well, but it’s the rose that really owns the scent. It’s a deep, rich and traditional smelling rose, a vintage floral, with a hint of dusting powder. This is a very pretty kitty scent-not my favourite though, the flowers do end up smelling a little sour at the end, and it’s a little too powdery.
Hazel-rah
mortal
mortal

Wilma

Post by Hazel-rah »

My experience very much parallels those above: This starts out a pretty bouquet of lillies and other blossoms but then morphs into a cool musky, lemony powdered rose. The touch of "winter" keeps this from being a full-bodied spring floral explosion. Love it!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Wilma

Post by Petticoats »

Wilma is lovely. On me, as with most of the previous posters, it starts out a lily bouquet and then takes on gentle lemony and rose qualities, but softened by musk. On me there's also a bit of the "humid" note I get in Virginia Humidity, keeping this a living, breathing floral; I can picture these flowers still growing in a garden. This is very feminine and romantic, an intimate fragrance, not an attention-grabbing one.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.