Walter

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Walter

Post by whiskerswhispers »

No reviews for this one? Oh well...I'll start a thread.

Walter
In vial: a Sugar Puss like scent of rose petal pie and fruit jam.
On skin: buttery pastry, sugared rose petals, crisp pomegranate, bright citrus, berries and green tea. This is almost identical to Complex Sugar on me, and reminds me of scents like Pleasuretini, Hyde Park and Tisane of the Witch. And it resembles Sugar Puss (which seems fitting, since this is a cat scent). though I’d say this is a tiny bit sharper-I smell pomegranate here, and maybe also some non-strawberry red berries, I’m thinking raspberries or currants. This also has a lot more of a crisp rose scent to it, maybe a bit more citrus? It smells like Complex Sugar but not as sugary, with all the tart elements intensified, the pie-like notes are there but are a lot less obvious. This becomes much less sugary, much sharper, as the scent progresses. The scent becomes almost like redcurrant, but not as sweet or warm as Penelope’s pom-currant scent. This is sharper and cooler, like sugared but raw fruits and icy sorbet. I like this but I find it a little sharp for me? There are other similar scents to this that I prefer.
RastasGirl
primordial
primordial

Walter

Post by RastasGirl »

I bought a bottle of Walter just because I fell in love with his picture. I wasn't really sure what to expect from the oil, and didn't expect to love it as much as I do. This is a really wonderful fragrance, though.

In the bottle and on my skin, this is like rich, elegant, deep red roses, with a background of buttery cake, vanilla frosting, and tart red jam. The rose is the central player, but all around it there's this exotic, buttery-sweet dessert and sticky, fruity red jam smell. It smells like something that I'd love to ruin my diet with. Nothing about it is light and simply sweet to me. It's a very rich, decadent smell - intense, sexy, deep red, almost spicy roses with tart jam and gooey foodie notes.

I normally hate rose paired with fruit or cake smells, but this really works for me somehow. It smells so sure of itself and well blended. I think that this will be the blend that I wear for Valentine's Day this year :bigsmile:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Walter

Post by Maya »

Adding the Possets description: "What cat is this who must have been the one to knock over the bowl of fruits as I was making a fruitcake, and roar through the dessert tray on the way to sit next to the fire and warm his fur? Very sweet, very fine, with nothing good for you in all of it! There is also a light touch of perfume here to keep it wearable. Walter is fresh, somewhat rosy but at the same time quite sugary. It's a pretty candy-like interpretation and has a good shot of fresh pomegranate in it. Fresh, though, not concentrated but just opened pomegranate."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!