Ahm on yer bess white dress

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Ajila »

I'm sorry if this already has a thread, but I just can't find one.

On me this is a thick creamy-custardy scent with a hint of coconut that softens into a gentle musk. On paper I should love this, and whilst I'd happily wear it, it isn't something that grabs me.
critterfriend
archangel
archangel

Post by critterfriend »

Description from the OAR Cats thread (the description that was on the Possets website with this last run of the Past OAR Kitties was a little different, but alas, I don't have it written down): "Everyone loves Sam, and he did find his "Forever Home" thanks to OAR. Sam came up with a great perfume for one and all, a bit of Irish cream, a light shot of Irish whiskey, and big shot of Irish buttercream and all together the whole becomes exceptionally rich and perfumy! A real "nose trick" where you read food as perfume."

(I'll preface by saying that I'm new to perfumes, & to reviewing them. My nose isn't very discerning of individual notes, & I seem to have a skin chemistry which isn't very cooperative with certain things (any type of milk almost always turns to sharp powder on me, & vanilla musk tends to go powdery on me, too), & which turns many blends into something that doesn't resemble anything like the notes listed. *sigh* I also have sinus/allergy issues that interfere with my enjoyment of some blends (many florals & berries/red fruits give me an instant headache, & some of the sweeter/buttery scents will make me queasy). Hopefully, though, people with similar issues might be able to find my reviews helpful. Now, on to my review...)

Origin: ordered from Possets

Date Purchased: Nov 2010

Wet: light liqueur (probably Irish Cream, but it's been so long since I've had any that I can't be sure)

Drydown: I can't place any of the notes at this stage -- it's very well blended & no single thing stands out. All I can say is that it is wonderfully clean, creamy, sweet, & cozy.

Later: It's still that same yummy clean, creamy, sweet, cozy smell from the drydown, hasn't really morphed.

Thoughts: This blend is really, really nice (& it doesn't go powdery on me -- yipee!!!). I find it very comforting & soothing. For some reason when I wear this I think of the color off white (but that may just be the power of suggestion, because I know it's an Irish Cream based scent), & of a really soft, very plush-furred, stuffed animal. I'm sorry I can't give a better decription, but please believe me that it is very lovely. This has a good amount of throw, while still somehow being relatively subtle, & it lasts for quite a while on my skin (I can still smell a sweet hint of it the next day after I've slept for the night).
Boudicca

Re: Ahm on yer bess white dress

Post by Boudicca »

Definitely like the best Irish Cream ever. I also get a bit of caramel and shortbread-like biscuit initially. Sweet at the start, but less so as it dries down. Yummy and cozy.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Angewl
mortal
mortal

Post by Angewl »

In the bottle, it smells just like Irish Cream. After ten minutes on my skin though, it morphs to berries. Nooooo why skin why?
You know? I think I might have to invest in a scent locket just for this scent. I like it so much in the bottle and for the first few minutes on my skin.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I rarely "layer" my Possets but I love Pauline with "ahm on yer bess white dress". (I think you really need to see the label.) Coffee and Irish cream. The Irish cream is mostly in a scent locket and I will risk tangled hair and abbraided (sp?) neck tonight because I do not want to take it off. Yes, it is that good.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds