Charlotte, The Halloween Sweet

I have created a number of limited edition perfumes to benefit the Ohio Alleycat Resource (OAR) and their mission to help feral and stray cats all over Cincinnati. They do wonderful work and a generous portion of the proceeds from the sale of these blends goes to OAR. Here is where you will find reviews of my OAR perfumes which did not go Permanent and return periodically. They are wonderful, magical blends.

Moderator: Maya

Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

Foody smooth beautiful, Charlotte is a gourmand's dream. Concentrated vanilla is swirled round with the most smooth of amber and caramel, topped off by a sprinkling of Saigon cinnamon (the finest kind) and a deep crust of sugar.

Creamy, rich caramel. Gooey, rich, gourmand. Very edible! This lightens a lot as it dries down so that it ends up being sweet and kind of airy. It starts off a lot like Fluoxetine but ends up as something softer, less foody, but deliciously sweet.
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

I must really amp Cinnamon because on me it is pretty much straight up cinnamon with a dash of sweetness. It smells like those red hot hearts you get at Valentines day- Very nice. If you like cinnamon you will LOVE this:love:
suzie
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by suzie »

This started out very cinnamon-y, but not a strong in your face cinnamon. Rather, a grown up sophisticated cinnamon, if there is such a thing :) Then it mellowed into an airy vanilla amber with a slight touch of the cinnamon still wafting around. Very pretty!
SariBeth
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by SariBeth »

OH LOVE! It really IS a fancy Cinnamon! It reminds me very much of a LUSH bubble bar I got around the holidays last year. The background of this has a creamy vanilla, and almost violet-like quality. Similar to those violet candies. The cinnamon stays strong on me for a long time. This is bottle worthy and will make a FANTASTIC layering scent!
*note: I usually amp amber like WHOA and was a little weary of it here, but it was not a problem! I can still detect it, but there is no baby powder action happening :)
coconutcream
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by coconutcream »

wow, very strong on the cinnamon, can smell the violets as well, and now it's amping into a creamy vanilla, love it.
whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Post by whiskerswhispers »

Charlotte
In vial: mmm, spicy sugar crystals and something sophisticated underneath.
On skin: mmm, this is nice. There’s a slightly sharp fruity-type scent here that I sometimes get with sugar scents. It reminds me of those ‘pink sugar’ or lemon sugar type scents even though in here it isn’t as blatantly pink or lemony. It does hint at that though, and has a hint of candyfloss as well. I also smell lots of cinnamon. It’s a little stronger than the gourmand type cinnamon in Wiley, this one seems hotter, spicier, more sparkly. It has an almost peppery type scent, it’s a little bit red but not ‘red hot’. Underneath the sugar crust and the spice, I smell something sophisticated and perfume-y. A hint of amber, but it’s not obvious, but there is something deep and sensual under the sugary spicy fun. And then suddenly it hits me as to why this smells so familiar…it’s a cinnamon-amber version of American Cream! That’s my favourite Lush scent and this one has a similar scent to it (at least on my skin) but with cinnamon and amber adding warmth and richness. This winds up smelling cosy yet sophisticated and I love that. After Moonie this is my favourite of this year’s crop of kitties.
Ajila
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Ajila »

Smooth, sweet vanilla topped with cinnamon. The vanilla has a musky overtone that puts me in mind of BPAL's Antique Lace, but the cinnamon lifts it and gives it a richness.
critterfriend
archangel
archangel

Post by critterfriend »

(I'll preface by saying that I'm new to perfumes, & to reviewing them. My nose isn't very discerning of individual notes, & I seem to have a skin chemistry which isn't very cooperative with certain things (any type of milk almost always turns to sharp powder on me, & vanilla musk tends to go powdery on me, too). I also have sinus/allergy issues that interfere with my enjoyment of some blends (many florals give me an instant headache, & some of the sweeter/buttery scents will make me queasy). Hopefully, though, people with similar issues might be able to find my reviews helpful. Now, on to my review...)

Origin: ordered from Possets

Date Purchased: Nov 2010

Wet: buttery cinnamon

Drydown: still just cinnamon, but less buttery than when it was wet

Later: This stays the less-buttery cinnamon for a while, but much later I get the vanilla & amber, with just a hint of cinnamon remaining. I never smelled the caramel (well, maybe a little in the bottle, but never after I put it on my skin).

Thoughts: Charlotte is very pretty, but I was hoping to be able to smell more of the amber in it. Still, I'm not disappointed to have my bottle.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Charlotte, The Halloween Sweet

Post by Petticoats »

On me, this dries down to the most delightful perfumy vanilla-cinnamon. Very high pitched* and light, something that doesn't have to be hoarded until cold weather brings the spicy fragrances out of storage. A beautiful fragrance, and I can't wait to experiment with layering it with Gabby and Over-the-Rhine.

*ETA: High pitched not in a bad way, but in the sense of not being as woody or red-hot-candy as cinnamon sometimes gets. This is more... ethereal cinnamon.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.