Silence

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Silence

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "A Possets' 100% Natural for Autumn. At this point in the poem, the travelers have almost reached Satan and have to thread their way through an ice field in which a variety of hapless souls are frozen entirely. Since they are totally trapped there, they cannot speak and so the troupe moves onward without discourse.

In contrast to an icy background, I chose to conjure up a blend honoring the silence of a great fall day. Patchouli, clove, nutmeg, red cedarwood, and black pepper greet the great season of quiet and the delights of heavy spice and heavy sleep."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Silence

Post by Maya »

As I stated elsewhere, this is finally the one that made me (after threatening to do so for a while) get a natural. It just sounded so perfect. First sniff of the bottle had me making grabby hands all the way toward Ohio for the rest of the stash. Oh. Em. Gee. WANT!

In the bottle: a touch of cold clove, cedar, pepper (but it's a very chill pepper--like freshly ground pepper that was put in the freezer). Despite having typically warm ingredients, this comes across as very cold and serene. THIS is what I was wanting from all of those black licorice fragrances that somehow always came up wanting. It's cool, serene, and at first sniff makes you think it should be sizzling hot, but it's not. That push/pull of typically warm ingredients coming across as reserved and cool is a seriously neat trick.

On my skin: Black pepper--almost tarry--that immediately begins to give way to the cedar, and a touch of the patchouli (almost like in Morgan Le Fey, but not quite). The clove is waaaaaay down on the bottom, giving it a nice little pop of sweetness without being CLOVE.

As it dries: This is Over The Rhine's deeper darker cousin. It has a similar vibe re spice, and a similar "thin-ness" in feel. It's not choking and deep, rather it's rich and soft. I do almost get a licorice vibe from the way the ingredients come together, but it's so much SO MUCH better than regular licorice. It's...the notes are so nicely blended together and they are just perfect for each other.

Final dry down: the pepper is present, the clove stays steady, the cedar is a nice rounding element to the whole, and the patchouli is there but not in your face. It's warmed up a bit, but still has more of a chilly tone than a warm one. These notes play so beautifully together, I am so in love. This is a very dry perfume to me, dry and serene, and as perfect as a chilly blue sky with a glaze of sunshine. The only drawback is that I think my skin loves it as much as I do and wants to eat it all up, but even with that it's still lingering around giving me a nice touch of happy.

Mmmmmmm. That's all I can say. Mmmmmm!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I had to come back and add that this one surprised me. It seemed to fade down and I thought it was going to be gobbled up by my skin, but it faded down then hung around for hours as a beautiful perfect spice scent. I haven't showered yet today (had too much to get done and am working in my pj's), and every time I nuzzle the nook of my wrist where I put this, I still get a small purr of those spices with a very very faint hint of patchouli. I heart this so hard.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Oh how I wish I could afford this one. It sounds perfect for me, and I 've never had a natural of Fabienne's. Maybe one day, a girl can dream.
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

Well, having the patience of a four year old at Build a Bear, I ripped open the package as soon as it came, and immediately tried this one and thought Blergh. What is this? Cooler heads prevailed, and I let it sit for a few days, ahhh much better. It is very gentle actually, but spicy, I get the "thin" reference. Smells very "new age", like a meditation oil.