Atropos' Slip

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Atropos' Slip

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Here are those who betrayed their guests for a variety of reasons: personal, familial, patriotic, or on a bent whim. This was considered such a huge moral crime that sometimes the souls of the sinners would hurl into hell before Atropos had time to cut the thread of their life...before they were even dead!

A varieties of guile had to be employed to effect the end result and here is a great opportunity for Possets to show its justifiably famous way with the foody fragrances. A truly special treat of delicious yellow candies dripping in butter, like home-made candy corn, combined with a cookie treat the likes of which you have only tasted once...more candy than cookie. The idea here is toasted and enhanced sweets. Classic Possets and set to beguile."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Re: Atropos' Slip

Post by Boudicca »

Sweet, yellow, candy, cake, cookies, candy corn, popcorn, caramel corn... yet not a toothache. Fabienne is really getting me into the foody scents.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:Sweet, yellow, candy, cake, cookies, candy corn, popcorn, caramel corn... yet not a toothache. Fabienne is really getting me into the foody scents.
How do you think this compares to Iowa? I was thinking it would be a kissing cousin (or sister). Would that be apt?
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

On me, Atropos' Slip is a buttery spice cookie with candyish overtones. Then my skin starts amping the cinnamon until it takes over. That's a peculiarity of my chemistry, though, and I don't think others will have that experience! I think foodies who enjoy pastry fragrances will enjoy this a lot.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Maya wrote:
Boudicca wrote:Sweet, yellow, candy, cake, cookies, candy corn, popcorn, caramel corn... yet not a toothache. Fabienne is really getting me into the foody scents.
How do you think this compares to Iowa? I was thinking it would be a kissing cousin (or sister). Would that be apt?
Um, I haven't tried Iowa so I wouldn't know :s:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Boudicca wrote:
Maya wrote:
Um, I haven't tried Iowa so I wouldn't know :s:
For shame! Iowa is blissful. (j/k about the shaming, of course.) :grwink:

Maya, I don't really get any overlap with Iowa except for the presence of a buttery note. I didn't get a popcorn impression. Of course, your chemistry may vary.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Petticoats wrote:Maya, I don't really get any overlap with Iowa except for the presence of a buttery note. I didn't get a popcorn impression. Of course, your chemistry may vary.
Mmmm interesting. Do you have a Posset that you could compare it to?
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Maya wrote:
Petticoats wrote:Maya, I don't really get any overlap with Iowa except for the presence of a buttery note. I didn't get a popcorn impression. Of course, your chemistry may vary.
Mmmm interesting. Do you have a Posset that you could compare it to?
The cookie quality reminds me of the pastry note in Possets like Tisane of the Witch and Romance of the Rose. I'll sniff it again tonight and see if I can come up with anything more specific.
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria »

Very foody and rich without being quease-inducing. It's reminiscent of really decadent cookies - not the semi-healthy ones made with oatmeal and nuts, but the kind made with lots of butter and sugar (I'd say a mix of white and brown sugar in this case), and something like candy corn bits or butterscotch chips that melts a little in the baking, makes a delicious sugary crust on the bottom of the cookies and makes the baking sheet hard to clean. And the butter accord melds very nicely with everything else and doesn't leave you smelling like a bag of microwave popcorn.