Antenora (Political Sinners)

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Antenora (Political Sinners)

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Antenora was named after the man who betrayed Troy to the Greeks but this fragrance is really about the sweet smell of the corridors of power which is big reward, yet still Mediterranean and so alluring. Italian damnation at its best with thick elements of suavity and luxury. Cypress essence with a hint of sweet earth, a distant and indistinct blossom, a smooth creamy underscore of a light creamy almost ozone modifier topped off with Chinese incense."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Angewl
mortal
mortal

Re: Antenora (Political Sinners)

Post by Angewl »

So it appears that I'm first on this one. I hope my review doesn't disappoint. XD
To me, Antenora smells like incense. Honestly, it's difficult to describe it as more than that. The description says it's Chinese incense and that's about right. I don't really get anything else. Because I've bought a lot of incense in the past, I recognize the scent pretty well.
Imagine taking a stick of incense out of its box and then rubbing it on your skin, except for the scent is amplified to have the throw of perfume and you've got Antenora.

Edit: On the drydown, to me Antenora begins to smell a little like Dangerous Oil...the incense is still there but it gets much muskier.
Last edited by Angewl on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Antenora is an attractive fragrance that cypress lovers will like a lot. In the bottle and wet on my skin, I can easily pick out the separate notes of earth, cypress, and incense, and it takes a little drying-down before they kind of weave together into a whole. Once they do, this is an appealing fragrance that doesn't overwhelm. I'm finding that I'm not a big cypress fan, but if I were I think I'd really take to Antenora.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
samhthann
primordial
primordial

Post by samhthann »

Incense, lovely incense. Antenora is sweet, but not cloying, and not loud. I'm happily getting wafts of it as I move around the house, but I don't think it will knock anyone else over. Not sure what cypress smells like, but all I'm recognizing is the incense and I adore it. Wonderful job, Fabienne!
Where are we going and why am I in this basket?
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Can anyone compare the incense in this to Bashu Pond, Fibonacci Curve, or Crocopardapottamus (Ammit)?
samhthann
primordial
primordial

Post by samhthann »

I'm no help there, Maya. I haven't smelled those that you mentioned.
Where are we going and why am I in this basket?
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

Surprisingly sweet when it's first applied....I was a bit afraid of the ozone but this is a lovely clear and fresh smell, nothing harsh about it all. It almost has a citrus or lime element to it at first. I kind of smell the incense but for me it just grounds the cypress and adds a certain warm fuzziness, I actually wouldn't be able to recognize it particularly as Chinese incense. I really really love this blend, it makes me happy! :hrt::
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

Update- Well I don't know if my decant was in mail-shock or if my nose was off, but this has changed significantly for me....the cypress is really only prominent at the beginning and much more about the incense now. Warm, cuddly, fuzzy incense, really lovely! :hrt::
Maya wrote:Can anyone compare the incense in this to Bashu Pond, Fibonacci Curve, or Crocopardapottamus (Ammit)?
The incense is much more prominent than Fibonacci Curve or Ammit, where for me the incense is lighter and less of a leading component. It smells like high quality incense, very smooth and slightly musky. Hope that helps! :hrt::
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

lulu wrote:The incense is much more prominent than Fibonacci Curve or Ammit, where for me the incense is lighter and less of a leading component. It smells like high quality incense, very smooth and slightly musky. Hope that helps! :hrt::
Thank you so much. That does help!
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

I do like this one, but it leans "boy" for me. Also a lot of similarity to Commitment.