Mordred's Passion

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mordred's Passion

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "A volatile concoction featuring a black camphor. This one reminds me of a burn, when it feels cold rather than hot and burnt. Blackseed and black camphor, black musk and sage, and a bit of Posset's famous lavender. This is a head clearing blend but somehow it has a playful side."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Re: Mordred's Passion

Post by Boudicca »

I would not think of the word "playful", exactly. My one word description would be "morpher". This one is really interesting.
Big, huge, in your face camphor to start with a little lavender and a hint of sage. "Cold burn" is very apt. After 15-20 mins the camphor backs off and mellows out. The herbs come forward and everything goes together nicely. After another 15, 20 mins the black musk shows up to play and things start getting really fun. Wow. Everyone's playing well together. This is really good. This could be a sleeper hit. If you try it, and I highly reccommend you do, give it a good half hour before making any judgements.
This is like the lovechild of a high end designer and a rather obscure niche. Which, for something with "Mordred" in its name is strangely appropriate. Possibly my fav of the six from this collection which I have tried.

Aside: when I first attempted to review this my tablet went totally psycho.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Boudicca wrote: This is like the lovechild of a high end designer and a rather obscure niche. Which, for something with "Mordred" in its name is strangely appropriate.
:rofl:

Arthurian patrimony reference for the win!

I've got a decant of this on the way, even though I usually avoid camphor. (With this collection I keep finding myself writing, "I usually avoid ingredient X, but I took a chance on this fragrance anyway, and wow!") It's reassuring to find that on you the camphor recedes. I'll definitely heed the heads-up to give Mordred plenty of time to develop.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

There is another scent that is a favorite of mine that has a very camphor like note when freshly applied, but once it dries down it is nearly gone....I need to go search my collection and figure out what that is, dangit! It is escaping me at the moment.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

hill78 wrote:There is another scent that is a favorite of mine that has a very camphor like note when freshly applied, but once it dries down it is nearly gone....I need to go search my collection and figure out what that is, dangit! It is escaping me at the moment.
Could it be Nefertiti & Akhenaten? That has a camphory opening to me.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Petticoats wrote:
Boudicca wrote: This is like the lovechild of a high end designer and a rather obscure niche. Which, for something with "Mordred" in its name is strangely appropriate.
:rofl:

Arthurian patrimony reference for the win!

Glad someone appreciated that. It really needed to be part of the review.
This is the one that got the solo test today. I wish it had more throw but it could b ethe stupid head cold making me think this. I'll have to ask Duncan for his opinion.
I'm really loving this one and I am 99.9% sure it will be getting my vote.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

*sigh
Duncan deemed this one "good".
I wish the snake could tell me what it thinks. That would be the last living creature in the house with feedback.
Well, the cat with the credit card passed so I guess I'll just have to... deal.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Petticoats wrote:
hill78 wrote:There is another scent that is a favorite of mine that has a very camphor like note when freshly applied, but once it dries down it is nearly gone....I need to go search my collection and figure out what that is, dangit! It is escaping me at the moment.
Could it be Nefertiti & Akhenaten? That has a camphory opening to me.
Yep, that's the one. Some have described it as an anise/fennel note, but to me it definitely has a camphor-ish opening.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Mordred is being coy with me, lol. I expected a very assertive fragrance, but on my skin all I get for a good hour and a half is a light, sweet mintiness. In the bottle I could catch lavender and a hint of coconut, but once I apply it, I have to wait and wait until finally I catch the lavender again and a faint whiff of other notes, and by then it's very faint indeed.

I think my skin must be eating this like mad. Three applications, and the non-result is the same. What I get whiffs of is very nice, but I have to put my nose right over my skin and huff. Alas, Mordred, we seem to be incompatible. :pumpsad:
Angewl
mortal
mortal

Post by Angewl »

I have nothing to add onto this one because Boudicca's review is dead-on. :pumpha:
Well...maybe I could mention that after the camphor goes away, Mordred's Passion has a very vintagesque vibe to it.
Also, this isn't a scent that I would normally wear, but there's something about how gentle this perfume is that I really enjoy. It has a decent throw, and yet it's so smooth and inoffensive. I love that.