Mordred's Passion

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Re: Mordred's Passion

Post by Boudicca »

Revisiting this one, I think the initial camphor is working a bit as a "palate cleanser". It gets your attention, blows away anything else, and preps you for what is to come.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: A bit of bracing something floral and mint-like. That must be the infamous camphor.

drying: Hello lavender and what smells like white sage. A bit herbal, a bit floral, sweet, pale, and almost dusty. Vintage, ladylike, proper.

full drydown: This is an odd fragrance and has morphed again. It's almost ghostly. It's feminine, smooth, a bit mysterious. The black musk is what I think I called dusty earlier. It's that powdery aspect that black musk usually has, but the scent is not dry - it's more misty and musky. It's airy but heavy at the same time, like a vanilla lavender fog where you can't see ten feet in front of you. It's definitely white to my nose, delicately herbal. The lavender is almost honeyed, like the scent of those little clover buds you can eat the tiny drop of nectar at the end. I swear I smell something vanilla-ish in this scent.

I like this more and more as I wear it. It has good throw and wafts around me. It's surprisingly pretty and feminine. I guess Mordred was a good witch.

ETA: Ghostly witchy goodness! I seriously am loving this. The black musk is so refined. This comes off smelling more like The Girls Love Lavender to me than a black musk scent (that touch of honey that I am smelling that I don't know what it is). It's a softer vanilla-ish lavender like in Silver Lavender more than the lavender in Lavender Pepys or Nefertiti & Ankenaton.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

gypsyjolie wrote:wet: A bit of bracing something floral and mint-like. That must be the infamous camphor.

drying: Hello lavender and what smells like white sage. A bit herbal, a bit floral, sweet, pale, and almost dusty. Vintage, ladylike, proper.

full drydown: This is an odd fragrance and has morphed again. It's almost ghostly. It's feminine, smooth, a bit mysterious. The black musk is what I think I called dusty earlier. It's that powdery aspect that black musk usually has, but the scent is not dry - it's more misty and musky. It's airy but heavy at the same time, like a vanilla lavender fog where you can't see ten feet in front of you. It's definitely white to my nose, delicately herbal. The lavender is almost honeyed, like the scent of those little clover buds you can eat the tiny drop of nectar at the end. I swear I smell something vanilla-ish in this scent.

I like this more and more as I wear it. It has good throw and wafts around me. It's surprisingly pretty and feminine. I guess Mordred was a good witch.

ETA: Ghostly witchy goodness! I seriously am loving this. The black musk is so refined. This comes off smelling more like The Girls Love Lavender to me than a black musk scent (that touch of honey that I am smelling that I don't know what it is). It's a softer vanilla-ish lavender like in Silver Lavender more than the lavender in Lavender Pepys or Nefertiti & Ankenaton.
SOLD! SOLD SOLD SOLD! You knew exactly the right words to put on there for me to WANT. WANT WANT! lol
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Oh, crap on a cracker. Now I must have this.
Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics »

this is such a strange scent. I don't get anything that smells like actual camphor, sage (salvia nor clary), lavender or anything among the listed notes. but maybe these are perfume versions of said notes?

it opens big and sort of unisex/perfumey. as it dries down, the texture becomes...creamy? slightly beeswaxy? it has good throw and has lasted so far 8+ hours on me. I like it; it is strangely compelling and mysterious, but it doesn't feel very "me" at the same time. :gaah: because I wish I was better at describing this unusual and curious creature.