Drama Queen

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Drama Queen

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Nothing stirs up discord like a Drama Queen, and how much more dramatic can you get than when you totally lose your head? Dark and heavy stuff deserves a very dark and wild perfume.

Black fig and a hint of hemp. Dark galbanum and a side of black fern. A small amount of a tarry black musk blend. Wildly sexy, the kind of thing to stir up a ruckus. Wear this if you want to be noticed."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Drama Queen

Post by Petticoats »

Source: Decant from Ajevie circle

Initial thoughts: Sounds like it might be more than I can carry off, but I can't resist trying it. I love oakmoss... and drama!

In bottle: Dark, strong, definitely dramatic, and enticing. I love the oakmoss.

Wet on skin: This is a very dark fragrance, but it has energy, if that makes sense. It’s not a velvety or soft or smoldering fragrance, but vivid and fierce. It reminds me of a foresty chypre from another parfumier, but Drama Queen is more complex and has some even darker/deeper notes.

Drying down: This is a powerful, darkly beautiful fragrance, a stern but exciting variation on chypres. There’s a kind of bonfirey note emerging, like woodsmoke.

Overall: Very assertive, as one would think from the name and description, but it's definitely handsome and is growing on me more and more. I might actually be brave enough to try wearing it in public! For a woman with a strong enough personality to wear this with confidence, this will be powerful indeed.
Last edited by Petticoats on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Petticoats wrote: Drying down: This is a powerful, darkly beautiful fragrance, a stern but exciting variation on chypres. There’s a kind of bonfirey note emerging, like woodsmoke.
I am officially sold. WANT!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Following up: I may have overslathered last night, so I'm road-testing this fine beauty today. I'm finding that when I'm a little more restrained in application, its beauty emerges more readily. I really like this. I recommend it for chypre lovers, but it's got some added glamour to it that sets it apart from chypres like Death and Sorrow (both of which I adore). Maybe the musk? I can't put my finger on it, but it's pretty fabulous.

Yep, it's definite: I need some of this splendid drama in my Possets wardrobe!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

Black and bitter at first, not a hint of sweetness, very assertive! The black musk starts to soften it up a bit and yes, there is a kind of bonfire smell going on too. I can't identify anything that smells like fig and it ends up being soft, incensey, slightly powdery and musky. Unfortunately for me, overriding all of this is a strong band-aid smell which overpowers everything! Maybe it's the black musk, I know this has happened with other Possets too but can't remember which, so I think a decant will be enough for me.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

lulu wrote:Unfortunately for me, overriding all of this is a strong band-aid smell which overpowers everything! Maybe it's the black musk, I know this has happened with other Possets too but can't remember which, so I think a decant will be enough for me.
I'm wondering if it's the fern note. The black musks (so far) have been a tad sweet and velvety (for me). Fern though sometimes goes into that almost astringent band-aidy (not quite fabric, not quite plastic) note.