Honey Tongued Devils

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Honey Tongued Devils

Post by Maya »

Atropos wrote:I love patch! I am can only buy one, and I am really leaning toward this one. I may need to post on All Things Possets and see if my fellow Possiteres can help me narrow my list down to one.
What are some of the others you are looking at? This one comes across as dry, which I don't think scares you off at all (if I remember correctly), and is very autumnal in a bracing and more masculine leaning way (at least for me).
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Palmademallorca
mortal
mortal

Post by Palmademallorca »

Usually I don't like honey, but this one is not bitter. Just perfect !
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Maya wrote:
Atropos wrote:I love patch! I am can only buy one, and I am really leaning toward this one. I may need to post on All Things Possets and see if my fellow Possiteres can help me narrow my list down to one.
What are some of the others you are looking at? This one comes across as dry, which I don't think scares you off at all (if I remember correctly), and is very autumnal in a bracing and more masculine leaning way (at least for me).
I do love more masculine scents. And dry doesn't bother me, and I do love autumnal.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Palmademallorca wrote:Usually I don't like honey, but this one is not bitter. Just perfect !
Love, honey too. Thank you!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Atropos wrote:
Palmademallorca wrote:Usually I don't like honey, but this one is not bitter. Just perfect !
I really get no honey from this one. Even though it's called Honey Tongued Devils, I don't see honey in the notes and I don't get it in the fragrance at all. It could be because the fall leaves and patchouli cover it so well, and it could be tucked away somewhere in the golden musk, but this is no where anywhere on the honey radar for me.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Maya wrote:
Atropos wrote:
I really get no honey from this one. Even though it's called Honey Tongued Devils, I don't see honey in the notes and I don't get it in the fragrance at all. It could be because the fall leaves and patchouli cover it so well, and it could be tucked away somewhere in the golden musk, but this is no where anywhere on the honey radar for me.
This is my experience as well. I definitely get honey in Flattery and Golden Diadem, but not here.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Ok, I had to come back to this one because I think I caused some confusion saying "on me" it was "amber-y". There was some disclaimer about fresh from a cold mailbox and slight head cold and being the second or third I tried or something that didn't come across too well, lol.

This is not how patchouli usually works on me. Then I got it. For some reason, this might be the one patchouli scent where I finally get that patch is in the mint family. Not that it's minty. There's something about the way the fall leaves interact with it that kind of pushes that point. Without the clove, I think it might have seemed a little cold. It seems to be on the cool side, at least. Patch usually is "warmer" on me. I'm pretty sure it's the golden musk that was coming across as "amber-y" (amberish?) initially. There's definitely no honey despite the name. Hmm, it's wearing just a little different on the inside of my wrist from the outside. I should just stop trying to analyse this one.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

All but Beatrice (who made the cut) were on my list. But reading the reviews makes me sad this one didn't make it, it sounds like Autumn in a bottle.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

And now that the fabulous petticoats sent me a sample, I am very sad this didn't make it. I need to do a proper review, and I will.

This is yellow fall leaves on a sunny Fall day when the sun is warm, but the air is cool with just a snap of a breeze that brings roses to the cheeks. It's a beautiful watery blue Autumn sky in a park where yellow leaves kick up duff when you step on them.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I picked up a nicely aged bottle from Ajevie on Ebay. When first applied, I get almond, then some pale woods and that wonderful aged patchouli. The combination of the patchouli & clove gives it a suede like smell. The clove is quite light (but I love clove), I could use me a touch more clove. I have a bottle of single note clove, so when evening rolls around I might spice this up a bit. Once HTD is dried, the almond has dissipated but leaves the sweetness which blooms with the golden musk. The sillage is moderate but the scent has lasted four hours+ so far. I am very happy with my purchase.