Grand Theft Pumpkin

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grand Theft Pumpkin

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Alas, our friend The Pumpkin has again entered into a dismal place. He was busted for grand theft and now has to contend with reptiles and heat. Heat, at least. Creamy unforgettable pumpkin and a kiss of spices combine with a buttery background and a flash of golden musk. Gourmandy and very special, this is the time of year for it."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Re: Grand Theft Pumpkin

Post by Boudicca »

Really spicy pumpkin! I think the spices are nutmeg, and is that mace? I think it's mace. And some clove. I initially thought cinnamon, because I expected cinnamon, but no, I don't think there actually is cinnamon. Very seasonal.
This was the last one I tried before a shower so it wasn't on my skin long enough to say much more.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

In the bottle: Gingerbread Whorehouse meets BBC (Big Black Cat). Yeah, love it already.

On my skin: Mmmm yes. So much of the spices and depth from BBC, but more. Definitely nutmeggy (ohhh so yum), a touch of cinnamon, a little taste of clove, and lurking underneath is maybe a dab of warm ginger. I also get some of that lovely gingerbread cake from Gingerbread Whorehouse, and pumpkin. Nice warm perfectly autumnal pumpkin.

As it dries: Classic absolutely perfect gourmand Possets. Fabienne so totally has the touch with these gourmand fragrances and she does not disappoint with this one. Instead of gingerbread cake, this is pumpkin cake, slathered with spices, and drizzled with a smidge of maple syrup or caramel (or maybe even dusted with pralined pecans. This is the utter decadence of autumn wrapped up in one little bottle. Squeee!

Final dry down: if you can wear this without smiling, you are broken. This is straight up silly happiness and all of the best of all of the most delicious treats of this time of year rolled up into one. If you love Gingerbread Whorehouse, but can't buy it for someone in your family who wouldn't appreciate the humor, get them this. If you love BBC for the spices and the depth and the caramel and the over-the-top hedonism gourmand yumminess, get this. If you love pumpkin, get this. In short: GET THIS. You want it. You really do. *Happy sigh
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I'm really enjoying this one. The spices are rich and strong and deep, and the pumpkin is creamy as promised, but also takes on a kind of baked or roasted quality--I'm not sure if that makes sense. This makes me think of something richly spiced that's just come out of the oven. For lack of a better word, it has a lot of oomph! It also has good throw and just keeps getting nicer as it dries down. Another full-bottle purchase for me. :pumpsmile:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

This one is sounding better and better with each review....I should've ordered it!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

hill78 wrote:This one is sounding better and better with each review....I should've ordered it!
It really is scrumptious. I was thinking it would be comparable to pumpkin fragrances I've tried from other sources, but those others are wimps compared to GTP.
Angewl
mortal
mortal

Post by Angewl »

GTP starts off with a blast of cinnamon. When the cinnamon dies down, I get roasted pumpkin. I agree that it definitely smells like there are pecans in there somewhere...
And oddly enough, in the base notes I get creamy coffee. Is anyone else smelling this?
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I don't get coffee, but my husband says this one smells like a very rich maple or pecan/maple spice cake.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

I have to ask, do you get a heavy spice vibe from this? It never fails that every pumpkin desert I try, like every pumpkin perfume I try-is overkill on spices.

The very best pumpkin deserts are the one where pumpkin is treated gently and allowed to shine instead of being smothered to hell and back by too much spice :-) My foodie Grandma taught me that and her pie is the best. People absolutely love her pumpkin pies and they are always the first to go at large gatherings. We know if we want any we better act fast :grwink: or lose out. I feel the same way about pumpkin perfumes, they usually feel like you stuck your head into the spice cupboard and can't get away from that strong dry spice smell.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I do get a lot of spice, with the pumpkin more of a backdrop, but I like it that way. :pumpsmile:
It's entirely possible that my skin amps the spice, though, so it'll be good to get others' takes.