Grand Theft Pumpkin

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Re: Grand Theft Pumpkin

Post by Boudicca »

On me, the spice trumps the pumpkin. But, I still haven't had it on my skin for more than an hour.
I've got a dab on the back of my hand. I'll let you know if it changes over the evening.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

Petticoats wrote:I do get a lot of spice, with the pumpkin more of a backdrop, but I like it that way. :pumpsmile:
It's entirely possible that my skin amps the spice, though, so it'll be good to get others' takes.
I'm not at all surprised :grin: You and I seem to be polar opposites on everything. That's ok though, variety is the "spice" of life isn't it? :leaves:

Good to hear more takes on it, thanks for answering Boudicca. Anyone else have an opinion to add as well?
Last edited by tarayvonne on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

tarayvonne wrote:I have to ask, do you get a heavy spice vibe from this? It never fails that every pumpkin desert I try, like every pumpkin perfume I try-is overkill on spices.
This one, to me, is very similar to BBC in the spice vibe/area/amount/whatever.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

Oh ok, that's a good comparison Maya. That wouldn't work for me then if they are similar. BBC wasn't good on me. Thanks for letting me know.

My search for the holy grail of pumpkins lives on :-)
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

tarayvonne wrote:
Petticoats wrote:I do get a lot of spice, with the pumpkin more of a backdrop, but I like it that way. :pumpsmile:
It's entirely possible that my skin amps the spice, though, so it'll be good to get others' takes.
I'm not at all surprised :grin: You and I seem to be polar opposites on everything. That's ok though, variety is the "spice" of life isn't it? :leaves:
LOL! Well, at least if you've figured out the pattern exists, my posts can still be useful to you! :hug:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria »

Oh, this is *good*. The pumpkin is definitely cooked pumpkin - it has that kind of richness - but it's not as sweet to my nose as the pumpkin note in a lot of BPAL's stuff. The musk is soft and snuggly, not cologny. The spices are definitely there, but not super strong - they don't turn my wrist pink or turn the whole production into a cinnamon candle. It's not terribly sweet - a bit more like really good baked winter squash with spices than pumpkin pie filling. It's autumnal, cozy, and foody without going overboard.