The Dance of the Heretics

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Dance of the Heretics

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Here are the people who got a little too creative at the wrong time on the wrong subject. In Dante's time, being a heretic was too easy, as was getting in trouble for it. The heretics are kept in burning tombs and balefully rise like dancing flames to speak to their visitor, Dante.

Slightly smoky, rich, and redolent. Seductive and smooth but surprisingly familiar and innocent. Five ambers, crystal skin musk, a very small amount of white pepper, and incense to lead you down the garden path with great enjoyment."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: The Dance of the Heretics

Post by Petticoats »

In bottle: I’m getting the amber, mm, but especially what I think is the incense, a little sharp and perfumy, but exciting.

On skin: hot, sexy! This is a more perfumy fragrance than the others I’ve tried, but that’s not a bad thing. That adds an elegant, sophisticated quality to its exciting brightness. Fans of amber-based traditional perfume should try this. It's the brighter side of amber.

Drying down: It’s kind of dressy-occasiony, getting deeper and richer and sexier as it dries down. It does have a little sharpness to it, which I think may be the incense reacting with my chemistry. I love amber, and the exciting combination of amber and incense is really special.

As it continues to dry down, the sharpness lessens and smokiness emerges. Wowza. Femme fatale time!

Especially for lovers of sophisticated traditional/niche amber perfumes, this is a must try. I can definitely see wearing this to a night at the symphony or an elegant cocktail party, and during the cold grey days and nights of winter I think its opulence will be especially welcome.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

This is definitely a sophisticated sort of fragrance. A very high-class sort of perfume. I think this definitely falls into a traditional perfume sort of category. It is very beautiful. I can definitely see wearing this with a sexy black dress. When wet is a bit more high pitched than I usually prefer, but it settles nicely on my skin and I get a hint of the incense once it dries down. I think this one will be a nice special occasion scent!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: perfumey, a bit high-pitched, well blended scent - I can smell the amber base

drying: The amber is definitely a golden and lighter type. I think the incense is making the soapy high-pitched scent here. It smells a bit dryer sheet "fresh".

full drydown: This does mellow out a bit and deepen into a more powdery amber after 20 minutes. It's a very traditional type perfume, feminine and bright and sophisticated. It has elements that are a bit too sharp or "fresh" for me though. This heads into headache territory for me, as many fresh and aquatic scents do. :(
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

well, you had me at incense...and there it is, fantastic clean musk and incense, and I could see this on a boy, very nice for both. Oh! And ambery too, but the resiny side not the powdery one