The Gluttons' Delight

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Gluttons' Delight

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Gluttony is always a target for the righteous, and Dante is no exception. As he wanders through the land of the eternally insatiable, he comes across an acquaintance.

Of course, Possets is noted for their gourmandy fragrances, and The Glutton's Delight is an apex of achievement here! Moreover, this is the fragrance of high end gluttony: artisanal jams, elegant truffles, endless buttered salted toffees, and rivers of cream. Fabulous for the candy lover in you!"
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Re: The Gluttons' Delight

Post by Boudicca »

Quick, initial thoughts cuz I know you want it :wink:
Jammy cake and cookies. Jammy without being too fruity. There's toffee &/or caramel in what comes across as cookies. It's yummy but definitely no toothache. Not really getting truffles and any butter or cream is part of the cakemix.
Disclaimer: this is pretty much straight out of a chilly mailbox and I have a bit of a head cold.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

This is a second by second morpher! First up sweet fruity jam, then toffees, then sugar, then whiffs of chocolate, then jam again, then a waft of cream; every sniff brings a different yummy treat to the forefront- my salivary glands are working overtime!
I think the toffees end up being the dominant scent along with the jam but this is fairly light and not a cloying or overwhelming foody blend. (this is straight from the mailbox so it will be interesting to see if it becomes more full-bodied in a few days). I quite like this, but at the moment the jam has a bit of a chemical-edge to it-will try it again in a few days.
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria »

Sweet, sweet, sweet! But oddly, not cloying.
It has that classic toffyish Possets-foody smell, a bit like Reason or Atropos' Slip - my mom said it smelled like cookies. But on top of the toffee/baked goods/butter and sugar melange, there's a lovely raspberry jam note. Syrupy fruits can easily be too much for me, but this is positively edible.
I don't get much chocolate out of it, but that doesn't mean you won't. Milder sweet chocolate notes (as in, anything less intense than The All Chocolate Dinner) ofter get lost in the shuffle on my skin.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

The jammy note does add a nice little twist to "that classic toffyish Possets-foody smell" that Floria mentions. Makes it stand apart from some of the various baked goods/pastry scents. Yummy.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

Wow I love this one, it's delicious