Falcon--To benefit Raptors Inc.

Take a walk on the wild side with dark musky resins and blends not of this world beautiful. It pays to be wicked.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Falcon--To benefit Raptors Inc.

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Falcon is made to be very classic indeed. An ambergris musk combined with a hay like accord of sweet wild dry grasses. This is a very serious free and sexual fragrance, and can only be described as beautifully showing off the deepest strains of each element from which it is made."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Falcon--To benefit Raptors Inc.

Post by Maya »

In the bottle, this comes across as a toasted popcorn with a faint smidge of butter and caramel with all of the sweet pulled out of the caramel. It smells totally delicious and wonderful.

On my skin: Mmmmm deeep deeeeeep and dried grasses (crunchy grasses) mixed with very deep hay. I still get a popcorn-y vibe from this, and I'm enjoying it lol. I'm wondering how much travel shock this one has gone through because I'm not sure it's supposed to smell like popcorn, but I do get the grass/hay essence as well. There is a buttery element to this: a nice salty butter that is probably the ambergris (actually, I think that's what's making me think of popcorn). This feels a little toasted, a bit salty, and totally warm and comforting.

As it dries: the salty popcorn aspect is becoming a little softer, a little more creamy. It really is shifting down a lot from the popcorn vibe to creamy salt mixed with very dry hay.

As it dries further: This is a totally cuddly and comforting fragrance to me. It's warm, inviting, snuggly--like sitting on the couch on a cold winter day, wearing your thickest socks, and snuggling under the softest throw blanket, with a fire in the fireplace, a warm drink beside you, and reading your favorite book. It feels so warm and inviting. The salt continues to fade, and the cream continues its rise. It's not totally smooth though, there is an element of this that has a bit of a sharp edge and I think it's coming from one of the hay elements.

Final dry down: It still has a faint tinge of popcorn to me, but it's a non-sugary popcorn, a touch of salt, a dab of cream, a bit of sunshine, and a wide open field with hay scattered on the wind. It's definitely a keeper!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Wow, I wasn't expecting popcorn! Between this and your wonderful Grand Theft Pumpkin review, Maya, I'm getting darned hungry. :pumpha: And just about dancing with impatience for my decants to arrive!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Petticoats wrote:Wow, I wasn't expecting popcorn! Between this and your wonderful Grand Theft Pumpkin review, Maya, I'm getting darned hungry. :pumpha: And just about dancing with impatience for my decants to arrive!
I wasn't either LOL! Mmmmmm, I want to nibble my arms. I smell so yummmy!
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

Yep, pretty much agree with Maya on this one! I can understand the popcorn association- very toasty with alternating notes of saltiness and butteriness, yet strangely non-foody with a "perfumey" edge. For me it's a bask in the sun perfume, like a lion on the grassy plains of Africa. I can actually see myself wearing this a lot as we come into Summer here in Australia. So glad I got a full bottle of this not just a decant!
Angewl
mortal
mortal

Post by Angewl »

I, too, got popcorn as a part of this scent. However, I definitely smell the earthy hay and dry grasses. It's fairly strong upon application...the only thing negative I would have to say about it is that (because of the ambergris, I believe) the scent is a bit musty. I applied before I took my shower though just to get an initial impression, so I didn't leave it on for more than an hour.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Falcon is a tricky one to describe, much like Limbo--and also like Limbo it has an interesting deep backdrop, not sweet or warm, but smooth and suave. Over it Falcon's haylike note does carry a little suggestion of popcorn to me, but not hugely so. It's a little dry, not very sweet, but has a lot of throw and longevity.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: yep, count me in on the popcorn smell. buttery and lightly sweet. This is making me totally hungry.

drying: The "popcorn" is resolving into sun-warmed straw bales and salt. It reminds me of summer in the hayloft on the farm, plus a saltiness and a light sweetness, like sun-warmed slightly sweaty skin. This is not a dry scent though - the ambergris keeps it salty and creamy.

full drydown: Oddly, this might be closest I've come to smelling something that reminds me of the way my cat smells when I bury my nose in his fur after he's been sleeping in the sun all afternoon. The grass scent is not unlike fur, I suppose. This is a warm, snuggly, comforting scent. The saltiness keeps taking me back to the image of popcorn though. I wonder if aging will lessen that effect?

This scent wears close to the skin after 10-15 minutes. To me it's neither masculine nor feminine, so I guess it's unisex.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

Another great purchase from Ajevie. In the bottle this does smell like caramel corn. Once applied the caramel fades as the ambergris & hay accord emerges going into a more kettle corn like scent. I can also pick out a coconut type note. When completely dried, Falcon becomes more perfumey than say Bpal's Mouse Circus which stays foody. I prefer Falcon to wear in public as I think I'm too old to be wearing straight up foody scents. I'm not confident enough to leave the house smelling like cupcakes, however around the house anything goes. The longer I have Falcon on, the more I like it. The sillage is good and has great staying power. I have to say that Fabienne's ambergris accord is fabulous.