Got An iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, or Regular Phone?

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Just curious as to what you have. Lots of people get smartphones from their employers and some folks just get them for themselves because it keeps them in touch. Some people consciously stick to a regular phone because they don't want the hassles and fees associated with smartphones. Which one are you? What do you have?
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
morningglory
principalities
principalities

Post by morningglory »

I got an iPhone for myself, because of my job, and I love it. My job has me going to nursing homes and I need to be able to check my email because my bosses are in Brooklyn and I'm a across the state in Buffalo. I can read books, surf the I Internet, and keep in touch while lying in bed with insomnia without waking my husband. I wouldn't want to live without it.
Bunnycoat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Bunnycoat »

I might be one of the only people in the world without a mobile (cell) phone at all..... I manage very well!
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

:bigsmile:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

I only have mine for emergencies Very rarely use it and forget texting!! So frustrating... :Meditate_emoticon:
Sinmara
mortal
mortal

Post by Sinmara »

I got an iphone from my boss as a 'thank you' present. Beforehand I just had a simple mobile that I used for texting occasionally, but frankly the iphone is a stroke of genius - I just love the ability of being online whenever I want.
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

I have an LG Dare w/o a data plan. It's an older phone, but I love it. Unfortunately because verizon now requires data plans on all the cool phones now, I'll probably have it for a very long time. If I had my druthers, though, I'd probably upgrade to a Droid or other some such. I love shiny new technology. Just can't afford the increased cell bill atm. :(
go_girl_go
primordial
primordial

Post by go_girl_go »

I have an iphone. I switched a couple years ago from my old Blackberry, and I am super happy now with the iphone. I use it to keep track of my schedule, connect with people in numerous ways, and just basically stay on top of things. I don't know what I'd do without it!
Lennore

Post by Lennore »

I have a wonderful, marvelous, amazing, love-it-to-death Android from T-Mobile. This one is the step up from the 1st Gen I had in Australia and when my husband goes back to work, I plan on getting the newest one (they are all HTC's).
I don't love texting, either, but man, this phone does EVERYTHING!! It's my phone, calendar, reminder, alarm clock, GPS (it talks and tells me when to turn AND corrects itself if I miss the turn!). I check email when I am at work on two different accounts. I can access my forums, get my work schedule, check Twitter and Craig's list. I have an app to do Tarot readings, find out where the nearest Starbucks and liquor store are and check what is playing at the movies. I also have a kindle app and music on my phone.
Did I mention that I love my phone?:Smitten_emoticon:
deceitfuldescender
mortal
mortal

Post by deceitfuldescender »

I have an iPhone (that I am posting from right now!) and I adore it. My last phone couldn't even text and now I have the Internet with me always! I admit it has been crashing a lot lately which makes me crazy... But I'm not sure I could live without it now!