Sicilian Summer 2014

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by Atropos » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:40 am

Unfortunately, I have a super tight budget right now. I think I will only be able to afford three from this collection. It will be very hard to wait.[/quote]

Argh. Waiting sucks. Tight budgets suck -- but are too often a reality. And I can't/shouldn't go as crazy as I usually do. So, yep.
So I will really be looking forward to reviews. Heck, I always look forward to reviews. :)[/quote]

Agreed! Super tight budgets suck. I too have one. And may I apologize for my hormone induced whining while back? I didn't realize that Phylotaxis has made the cut. :trout: I need to be trout smacked.

I have so many from this collection I want, but tight budget means I may have to just order bottles and take my chances rather than joining the decant circle. I can't afford both.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:42 am

Maya wrote:
Boudicca wrote:Off topic: My brother did visit Italy, long before I was in the picture. Evidently, he had quite the penchant for temper tantrums -- the throw yourself on the floor and kick and scream type. Tried that once in an Italian cathedral. Marble floor. Cured him real quick.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I endorse these smilies! And ouch, marble floors! Silly boy, didn't he know, to be a professional tantrum maker, you always picks soft materials? :tong:

samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Wow! I want to go to the airport and head off to Sicily!! :grin: Sounds amazing!! I think I have to get me some Gelato!!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:25 pm

I just got through sorting out a very major problem between my shopping cart and FedEx. There is some sort of a disconnect in the software. If it continues, I will drop FedEx as an option. USPS is soooooo much more popular and if it is going to take me hours to untangle a snafu with a private carrier, I am not going to bother with it. If they were real popular, that would be another story, but they are not. :gaah:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

Angewl
mortal
mortal

Post by Angewl » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:48 pm

I hope Ajevie does the late decant circle! I'm at a shortage of money but six of these perfumes are really calling out to me...
Bouquet a la Marechale - I can't resist a violet perfume...
Gelato: Pistachio - My favorite flavor of gelato! <3
Gelato: Riso des Anges - A rice and sugar perfume sounds beautiful.
Medusa - No notes really stick out to me here...but the combination piques my curiosity.
Myrtle of Venus - I'm not a big fruit scent person, but for some reason this seems like it would be so pleasant.
Stiletto - I LOVE oakmoss.

thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Post by thesibylqueen » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:46 pm

My bottles are here!!

Just sniffed all four -- 14 Carnations, Blood Orange, Sicily, and The God of Olives -- and I love. LOVE. But just on sniffs alone, The God of Olives wins all -- it is sublime. Will be slathering and sharing my thoughts tonight!!!

14 Carnations: carnations for sure, but a sophisticated perfume-y-ness to them that makes it very sophisticated. The earth description made me think it'd have notes of Nuut or BPAL's Graveyard Dirt, and while there is that mineral-y element to the nose, it's not so big and potted soil-y.

Blood Orange, on first sniff, is like Big Red meets Juicy Fruit, and not in an unpleasant way!

Sicily is just sunshine in a bottle -- not furniture cleaner citrus, but citrus peels, with an undercurrent of musk to make it not straight up foodie.

The God of Olives. Oh, I wish I could pin this one down. Hints of Lush's Olive Branch here, although less spicy. A note that I assume is the olive blossoms is there -- not floral, not precisely, nor soapy. Just pretty. Gah, gorgeous and indescribable. But I'll keep trying!
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:00 pm

My order arrived! I haven't tried them all on yet, but going by bottle sniffs I'm very happy with my choices.

Mafia is lovely and very happy and feminine. I can see this becoming really popular.

Prestidigitazione is the one I thought would be my favorite from this collection, and I may turn out to be right. It's so luscious! I was a little afraid the nag champa would be too assertive, but it's just right. Everything blends into this amazing lush summer-night sweetness. Just beautiful.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Okay, I had to go ahead and try Medusa too, and already I'm pretty sure that it (and Prestidigitazione) will be getting my vote. This is so beautiful! Fabienne, you are a genius. I'm so happy sniffing and swooning!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 am

Welp, I've ordered my three Sicilian blends after a lot of narrowing-down, shortlisting and back-and-forwarding. I decided to play roulette and ordered the ones that interest me but have little chance of making the permanent vote, while hoping I'm right and the more popular-sounding blends on my list make the permanents so I can try them later. Foolish madness, probably, but that's my plan and I gotta run with it.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Those who have not voted on the Possets Sicilian Seduction Collection, get a wiggle on. I am not taking it down tomorrow but it's time to cast your votes.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!