Sicilian Summer 2014

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

User avatar
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5731
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 1:45 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by fabienne »

I am such a sucker for travel. Sicily is amazing. Really, The Leopard is the Killer Book every!!!
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
User avatar
Boudicca
moderator
moderator
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:29 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by Boudicca »

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Goodfellas
Omg, I am so craving cannoli now!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
lulu
archangel
archangel
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by lulu »

Wow. This is the collection I have been waiting for..... :hrt:: Want everything :hrt::
User avatar
Boudicca
moderator
moderator
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:29 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by Boudicca »

So, I ordered two bottles but am already contemplating a second order. Doric caught my eye after browsing through this lovely catalogue a few times. The Gelatos are making me drool. I would really like to try layering the Strawberry and Vanilla ones -- does that not sound fantastic? Medusa and a few (a few, ha!) others are also getting some serious consideration.
WTH was that I was saying about restraint just yesterday??
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
simonetta_vespucci
mortal
mortal
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by simonetta_vespucci »

making me want to return to italy SO MUCH. (the gelato collection. funny - those are not the ones i would want to wear - but i want to EAT THEM. pistachio on one half of the cone and stracciatella on the other half would do quite nicely.)
User avatar
jackieo
archangel
archangel
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:28 am

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by jackieo »

Boudicca wrote:
jackieo wrote:Yay!! So many are right up my alley. I think I will wait a couple weeks to read the reviews so I can narrow down my list. :pom:
I wish I had that kind of patience. But yes, once reviews start coming in I will probably be doomed. There's quite a few right up my alley also. Then there's the ones where I say to myself, oh, I don't really care for x note... but I know deep down that it would be the one that changes my mind about x note.

Unfortunately, I have a super tight budget right now. I think I will only be able to afford three from this collection. It will be very hard to wait.
User avatar
Boudicca
moderator
moderator
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:29 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by Boudicca »

simonetta_vespucci wrote:making me want to return to italy SO MUCH. (the gelato collection. funny - those are not the ones i would want to wear - but i want to EAT THEM. pistachio on one half of the cone and stracciatella on the other half would do quite nicely.)
I would love to eat the gelatos! Or is that gelati???? Gelatae? No. Rusty Latin and never studied Italian. Anyway. The pistachio/stracciatella combo sounds heavenly. But if I can't eat them, I will wear (at least one of) them.
Never been to Italy. Yet.
Off topic: My brother did visit Italy, long before I was in the picture. Evidently, he had quite the penchant for temper tantrums -- the throw yourself on the floor and kick and scream type. Tried that once in an Italian cathedral. Marble floor. Cured him real quick.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
User avatar
Boudicca
moderator
moderator
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:29 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by Boudicca »

jackieo wrote:
Boudicca wrote:
jackieo wrote:Yay!! So many are right up my alley. I think I will wait a couple weeks to read the reviews so I can narrow down my list. :pom:
I wish I had that kind of patience. But yes, once reviews start coming in I will probably be doomed. There's quite a few right up my alley also. Then there's the ones where I say to myself, oh, I don't really care for x note... but I know deep down that it would be the one that changes my mind about x note.

Unfortunately, I have a super tight budget right now. I think I will only be able to afford three from this collection. It will be very hard to wait.
Argh. Waiting sucks. Tight budgets suck -- but are too often a reality. And I can't/shouldn't go as crazy as I usually do. So, yep.
So I will really be looking forward to reviews. Heck, I always look forward to reviews. :)
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
User avatar
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2456
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:Off topic: My brother did visit Italy, long before I was in the picture. Evidently, he had quite the penchant for temper tantrums -- the throw yourself on the floor and kick and scream type. Tried that once in an Italian cathedral. Marble floor. Cured him real quick.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 1:45 pm
Location: The Tardis
Contact:

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by Atropos »

Boudicca wrote:"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Goodfellas
Omg, I am so craving cannoli now!
ROFL, sorry?
Post Reply