Sicilian Summer 2014

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sicilian Summer 2014

Post by fabienne »

I am such a sucker for travel. Sicily is amazing. Really, The Leopard is the Killer Book every!!!
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Goodfellas
Omg, I am so craving cannoli now!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

Wow. This is the collection I have been waiting for..... :hrt:: Want everything :hrt::
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

So, I ordered two bottles but am already contemplating a second order. Doric caught my eye after browsing through this lovely catalogue a few times. The Gelatos are making me drool. I would really like to try layering the Strawberry and Vanilla ones -- does that not sound fantastic? Medusa and a few (a few, ha!) others are also getting some serious consideration.
WTH was that I was saying about restraint just yesterday??
simonetta_vespucci
mortal
mortal

Post by simonetta_vespucci »

making me want to return to italy SO MUCH. (the gelato collection. funny - those are not the ones i would want to wear - but i want to EAT THEM. pistachio on one half of the cone and stracciatella on the other half would do quite nicely.)
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

Boudicca wrote:
jackieo wrote:Yay!! So many are right up my alley. I think I will wait a couple weeks to read the reviews so I can narrow down my list. :pom:
I wish I had that kind of patience. But yes, once reviews start coming in I will probably be doomed. There's quite a few right up my alley also. Then there's the ones where I say to myself, oh, I don't really care for x note... but I know deep down that it would be the one that changes my mind about x note.

Unfortunately, I have a super tight budget right now. I think I will only be able to afford three from this collection. It will be very hard to wait.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

simonetta_vespucci wrote:making me want to return to italy SO MUCH. (the gelato collection. funny - those are not the ones i would want to wear - but i want to EAT THEM. pistachio on one half of the cone and stracciatella on the other half would do quite nicely.)
I would love to eat the gelatos! Or is that gelati???? Gelatae? No. Rusty Latin and never studied Italian. Anyway. The pistachio/stracciatella combo sounds heavenly. But if I can't eat them, I will wear (at least one of) them.
Never been to Italy. Yet.
Off topic: My brother did visit Italy, long before I was in the picture. Evidently, he had quite the penchant for temper tantrums -- the throw yourself on the floor and kick and scream type. Tried that once in an Italian cathedral. Marble floor. Cured him real quick.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

jackieo wrote:
Boudicca wrote:
jackieo wrote:Yay!! So many are right up my alley. I think I will wait a couple weeks to read the reviews so I can narrow down my list. :pom:
I wish I had that kind of patience. But yes, once reviews start coming in I will probably be doomed. There's quite a few right up my alley also. Then there's the ones where I say to myself, oh, I don't really care for x note... but I know deep down that it would be the one that changes my mind about x note.

Unfortunately, I have a super tight budget right now. I think I will only be able to afford three from this collection. It will be very hard to wait.
Argh. Waiting sucks. Tight budgets suck -- but are too often a reality. And I can't/shouldn't go as crazy as I usually do. So, yep.
So I will really be looking forward to reviews. Heck, I always look forward to reviews. :)
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:Off topic: My brother did visit Italy, long before I was in the picture. Evidently, he had quite the penchant for temper tantrums -- the throw yourself on the floor and kick and scream type. Tried that once in an Italian cathedral. Marble floor. Cured him real quick.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Boudicca wrote:"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Goodfellas
Omg, I am so craving cannoli now!
ROFL, sorry?