The Halloween Survey Is Up!

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Halloween Survey Is Up!

Post by fabienne »

Here is the Halloween survey. It stays up until 2 weeks before the perfumes come down to make way for the Yules. So pick the 3 Halloweens you wish to see remain permanent at Possets. I hope it's a very hard decision for you! :debbil:

I am also including a couple of places where you can write a short opinion of what is occuring at Possets. What do you like, not like, what struck you about the collection, how did you hear about us. It is totally anonymous :s: and I really do want to find out what you think so I can make Possets the best possible indie perfume experience evah. You don't HAVE TO answer the essay part, but it would be great if you did.

By the way, there has been some harumphing from some quarters about the predominance of foody fragrances making permanent and more perfumy ones not having a chance... :mob: the perfumes only can make the permanent list if you vote for them and your friends do too. So vote! Yes, your vote counts! :pumpsmile:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: The Halloween Survey Is Up!

Post by Atropos »

ROFL as one of the harumphers (hangs head in shame) :trout: , that's why I harumph, I vote, I'm just one of the minorities who like other scents than food or flowers. It's all good, I have so many to love anyways. VOTES do count, because Fabienne is awesome that way.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

I do get what you mean, Atropos - my love for ozone, herbals and sharp fragrances generally means I need to snatch up a bottle before they come down or stick it on my Retour wishlist. There's simply no way the more niche blends can compete with people-pleasing resins/musks or popular foodies. Thankfully I love the resins/musks too, so there's usually at least one blend each vote that I "agree with". ;)

I'm just glad Fabienne includes the odd niche fragrance in each collection!
thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Post by thesibylqueen »

Atropos wrote:ROFL as one of the harumphers (hangs head in shame) :trout: , that's why I harumph, I vote, I'm just one of the minorities who like other scents than food or flowers. It's all good, I have so many to love anyways. VOTES do count, because Fabienne is awesome that way.
I'm a harumpher, too -- I feel like I can't compete with the scads of foodie fans out there, and I always vote. I try to snatch up the ones I feel sure won't get that many sniffs but I can't always purchase from every collection, le sigh. But grateful we can at least vote for what stays!
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

funkmoppet2 wrote:I do get what you mean, Atropos - my love for ozone, herbals and sharp fragrances generally means I need to snatch up a bottle before they come down or stick it on my Retour wishlist. There's simply no way the more niche blends can compete with people-pleasing resins/musks or popular foodies. Thankfully I love the resins/musks too, so there's usually at least one blend each vote that I "agree with". ;)

I'm just glad Fabienne includes the odd niche fragrance in each collection!

Yep, so at least we get our fixes, and my retour list, while long, is full of amazing scents that Fabienne is fantastic enough to recreate for us. No other perfumer does that. :hrt::
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

thesibylqueen wrote:
Atropos wrote:ROFL as one of the harumphers (hangs head in shame) :trout: , that's why I harumph, I vote, I'm just one of the minorities who like other scents than food or flowers. It's all good, I have so many to love anyways. VOTES do count, because Fabienne is awesome that way.
I'm a harumpher, too -- I feel like I can't compete with the scads of foodie fans out there, and I always vote. I try to snatch up the ones I feel sure won't get that many sniffs but I can't always purchase from every collection, le sigh. But grateful we can at least vote for what stays!
Yep, I may harumph but I know I have it made in the shade all things considered. I can catch the ones I love on a retour, so they aren't dead and gone for forever (unless there's a ingredient issue, of course).
thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Post by thesibylqueen »

Atropos wrote:Yep, I may harumph but I know I have it made in the shade all things considered. I can catch the ones I love on a retour, so they aren't dead and gone for forever (unless there's a ingredient issue, of course).
Exactly -- and, let's be real -- I'm sure they sell! I think I've read that vanilla is cited as the most popular scent folks prefer. So it might not be my speed but who am I to argue with what Fabienne's customers buy?
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

:rofl: Ha ha ha! You can argue with people until you are blue in the face BUT they are still going to love what they love. I found that out in retail! :rofl:

Honestly, I have been amazed at how tastes are shifting though. It used to be that the foodies were a shoo in but now there have been some which have really given them a run for their money which are true perfume-y perfumes (not foody or resinous) so go figure. I can't predict what people will love, try as I might. The fact that Prestigitazione made the permanents was something I would not have guessed but it did, and handily, too. I love it when something wild happens. :2cents:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

LOL Prestigitazione was the one blend I was totally confident would make it! Took one look at the notes and thought "ah, you're going to be popular", the reviews backed that up, and into the permanents it went. It was the others that made me double take, especially Gelato: Fiore di Latte, as it didn't get much love on here (certainly as opposed to the love Gelato: Blood Orange got), but as you say - you can never tell! I am, however, glad Sicily made it, because I'd written it off due to the spice warnings, but having tested it now it's not at all hurty on me and definitely coming home in bottle form in the furture! :D

My approach for the Halloween/Autumn collection is very different to my Sicily approach: BUY ALL THE THINGS. I feel that by the time I vote, I will have a pretty good handle on this collection, almost across the board! :thanksmilie:
crimescenecleanup
mortal
mortal

Post by crimescenecleanup »

I am waiting on decants. So many scents sounded amazing this year, I had to try them before making bottle purchases.

I hope they arrive before the survey ends.