News In 2015

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

News In 2015

Post by fabienne » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:37 pm

The news? It's a new year! Happy new year!!! :fez:

Though it's a bit early, I decided to make a change here and move the All Things Possets forum to the bottom of the deck. It was pretty redundant and I was often perplexed as to whether I should post in News or in All Things Possets. I just cut the cord this evening. It is still there and if there was anything you wanted to keep as a referral, it is still there. From now on News is going to be the go-to forum for what is happening and what we are talking about.

I think in the new forum, News is going to be the go-to forum. :fez:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: News In 2015

Post by fabienne » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:38 am

Make sure that you are tuned into the Possets media group: WordPress blog, podcasts, and Youtubes. I am going to be talking about losing weight (something I have done successfully) and you don't want to miss it. How to lose weight with a minimum of agony and a maximum of good effects!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:07 pm

OK, darlings, Christmas has done come and gone and we are left a few pounds heavier and in need of some clean living. :cry: I have been there, too, and I have conquered my cravings and lost a lot of weight. It wasn't totally easy but it is totally doable. My fitness blogs have been pretty popular over the past few years, and since we are in January, this might be a perfect time to share some of the things which pulled me through the less pleasant parts of losing weight and getting fit. Come on along and let's get fit! :hug: Actually, I can't live without it!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:16 pm

And, in the "oh dear" category: Cambienne: Dark Zero is sold out. :frown: Oh well.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:05 pm

One thing which might be useful to you: make sure that the time zone on your Possets forum account is accurate. If the time shown is not the time in your part of the world, here is what to do: go to your User Control Panel in the upper right hand side of the screen. It is the one with your screen name on it and your avatar in tiny form. There is a down arrowhead button there, press and hold and a drop down menu will appear. One of your choices will be User Control Panel. choose that one and choose the Board Preferences tab at the top of the control panel. Go to Edit Global Settings and then look for My Timezone. Then choose the zone where you live. I live in a zone which is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time and so I chose -5.00 (which also told me that was America). Choose your zone from the drop down menu and now you are all set. :gnome:

Oh, and one last thing, I would love it if you would declare where you are from. While you are in User Control Panel, choose Profile, Edit Profile, then fill in the Location box. :froggie:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:37 pm

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:12 pm

What a beautiful wish! "May the fun of accomplishment and the thrill of creation be with you all through 2015." I really love your posts, Fabienne!

I also love the first weight loss article! One of the most fundamental things that helped me lose weight and get rid of the snack attitude was a respect towards food that I learned in Japan. In the West, we really don't respect food - we view it as a treat, as something to satisfy our desires. Whereas in Japan, food is given an almost reverential place. Before every meal, regardless of religious affiliation, everyone says, "I humbly receive this" to thank everyone who helped in the creation process - nature, the growers, etc. The love and respect with which it is made helped me think twice before mindlessly muching something down :trout:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:32 pm

I might just keep on tinkering with this Cambienne (Black Zero) for an obscene amount of time to see what happens. At the same time, to make up a brand new 2015 Cambienne to go along side-by-side. What do you think?

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:46 pm

More Cambiennes!! I so love the Cambiennes, especially this time of year.
Chronos and Dark Festivus should be here tomorrow! Can't wait.

Oh, and yes, "retail therapy".
I need all the therapy I can get about now.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:02 pm

More Cambiennes also mean more excuses to add my collection of Permanents. :grin: I wouldn't want the Cambienne to get lonely in transit! :tong: