News In 2015

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: News In 2015

Post by Petticoats » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Maya wrote:I'm delighted that the list is appreciated. That makes the work finding the information worth it. :hug:
It really is great to have that info conveniently gathered in one place. I enjoy being able to easily find the context for the permanents. Thank you for putting the list together, Maya! :rose4u:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:46 pm

Hello fabienne,I have just recently discovered your beautiful creations. I haven't even received my first package yet,and the excitement of waiting and imagining how they will smell has already been worth the money!! What made you get into making perfumes ? Do you ever get afraid you will run out of scent combinations ? Your love of history,your artwork,and your creativity has already given me a kick up the bum to start creating,I want to make and scent candles,write a book about dogs,I love photography and gardening also. Do you have other passions ? This must take up most of your time.

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:39 am

noddygirl1 wrote:Hello fabienne,I have just recently discovered your beautiful creations. I haven't even received my first package yet,and the excitement of waiting and imagining how they will smell has already been worth the money!! What made you get into making perfumes ? Do you ever get afraid you will run out of scent combinations ? Your love of history,your artwork,and your creativity has already given me a kick up the bum to start creating,I want to make and scent candles,write a book about dogs,I love photography and gardening also. Do you have other passions ? This must take up most of your time.
I want to come and ask YOU nods what you decided to order for your first possets order.

???

I hope you enjoy your new perfumes.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:27 am

Hi Noddygirl1, I just saw your post and will respond later. I have a couple of appointments now but I want you to know that I have it on my mind.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:31 pm

noddygirl1 wrote:Hello fabienne,I have just recently discovered your beautiful creations. I haven't even received my first package yet,and the excitement of waiting and imagining how they will smell has already been worth the money!! What made you get into making perfumes ? Do you ever get afraid you will run out of scent combinations ? Your love of history,your artwork,and your creativity has already given me a kick up the bum to start creating,I want to make and scent candles,write a book about dogs,I love photography and gardening also. Do you have other passions ? This must take up most of your time.
OK, now I can give you good answers to your questions. I got into making perfumes when I was about 6. We lived on a farm in the summer and I would gather rose petals and mint and anything else which smelled good and crush it all up in an oyster shell and see if I could make something lovely. I actually succeeded once but didn't keep track of what I put in and had to let it go (dry up) and I am still wistful about that. So, I have been loving perfumery forever. My mother used to go to France and bring back the latest scents, which intrigued me. I told her that I wanted to be a perfumer when I was about 6 and she told me that was impossible (I wasn't French, only men made perfume, you had to be from a perfuming family, etc.). I wish she could see me now.

I don't fear running out of scent combinations. Why? I just don't. I figure I haven't managed to exhaust my vocabulary yet and so it isn't going to run out on me at this point. Comforting thought.

Thanks for the compliment about being creative! I do have other passions, too many. I like to write, I draw every once in a while (it takes such a long time). I love to do my own computer work (no one expects me to do it) and it's so much fun to have someone say,"YOU coded that? You want to what? Oh, *sigh* that would work after all." I ended up working WITH the guy who put up my new shopping cart, I don't think he expected that but it was great fun for both of us. Made the job easy. I like to garden (my beautiful jasmine is budding now). I love reading (just finished H Is For Hawk by Helen McDonald). Speaking of that I get to handle a hawk once a year at a farm, which is a treat. I don't have anything near the place or gear you need to own hawks, but I like to just hold them and fly them when I can. Birds, you either love them or you don't.

One of the BIG passions I have (and I make time for it every day), is working out. I expend 500 calories in exercise every day either: walking, Zumba, weight lifting, cardio, or yoga. Very important. If I don't move enough I really regret it.

By in large, the business does take up most of my time. It's the canvas on which I paint, the place where my creations come alive, and I don't think I have ever reached and communed with as many people as I do through perfume. I used to paint, but my influence ended up being ever so much smaller than making perfume. I think my subjects were too esoteric and I would get bored doing pat scenes, so I don't think that painting was a good choice for me, but I love art history; so I get the best of both worlds and get to do what I love best! :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:00 am

Thank you fabienne for such a detailed tour of your world. We have a beautiful jasmine too and a frangapani. We have olive,Apple,peach,nectarine and Carob trees,the nectarines and peaches are superb!!Do any of your perfumes have frangapani in them ? I love all animals,especially my little Pomeranian cross "Noddy",he is 12 now,I don't know what I'd do without him,he's funny,he has a great personality,he is my darling,my soulmate. Much less work than a man ha,but still as bossy!!Wow the hawks sound lovely,very etheral,have you seen ladyhawk.I love reading too,true crime mainly,and my mum collects movie star books,she has over 400,so I've got all the Goss on bette Davis,Elizabeth Taylor,Marlon Brandi,Joan Crawford,and everyone's all time favourite Marilyn -she was a sweetheart,excellent in some like it hot and the seven year itch. You are a beautiful storyteller and artist,and you have incorporated all that with your perfumes and it tells a magical little story we feel a part of. It feels like a decadent little treat,you 've created a feeling of being taken back in time. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:23 am

Aneemathematics: ohhh I got a lot of samples,I can't remember all,Madame x,courtly love,all of the vanilla samples,sorrow,the moon,psychiatrist of Babylon and lots more.I live in Australia so you'd be sleeping now. What are some of your favourites ?

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 pm

I can't wait to get my little vials of joy. It's going to cost me a fortune though,I live in Australia, so $75 US dollars is $100 Australian. I am on a dissability pension,so I must tread carefully haaaaa. I think it's worth it to feel so special,a little treat now and then... it is winter here now,fire a blazing. What season is it there in America ,?

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:11 pm

Hello dear Noddygirl, I am so glad that you know you are a deserving woman and are treating yourself to some wonderful smelling things! It is summer in US and summer in Vietnam (42 c last week!!), so enjoy being cozy for us!

If you would like, there are other discussion threads in the general discussion section or you can start your own there as well.

I am excited for you when you get your goodies...even though 100 Oz, that is free shipping, so nice!

Superwarm welcome!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:23 pm

Gosh, Minh, are you in Viet Nam now?