News In 2015

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: News In 2015

Post by Minh Scent » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:35 pm

I live here and just come to the states occasionally to pick up perfume. :s:
I am trying to nudge our lovely personal chats over to General Discussions because I am OCD and am afraid dear Maya will roll her eyes at being off topic :eyeroll:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:52 pm

Ohhh, that explains a lot of it all. :hrt::

P.S. Maya is kind and gracious. :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:36 am

Maya is kind and gracious.
Me, I'm pretty chill; but you're right, that's not really news. :wink:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:27 am

And hugs to Boudicca, too!! So,there are just the two of you moderating this, is that right? A big job and we all appreciate it. And I think this (who are the mods) can qualify as news for us relative new folk. :rose4u:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:36 am

Yes I am proud to say that there are two mods on this forum. It is a very friendly and well behaved place which doesn't need 1,000+ rules and (heavens forfend) a demerit/punishment system to keep people in line. That would be awful. We have managed to attract participants who are positive and adult and interesting for all the right reasons. I am so grateful and don't take it for granted. I think that there have been a couple of times that people have tried to make this an edgier place and no one has picked up on the excitement of "acting out" and it has withered and the instigators have gone off to other places which would appreciate their antics (or not).

I think that the people who are on this forum are very well educated, well traveled, well read, responsible, whimsical, creative, and can write very well. I am often amazed at the things that you catch or notice which I didn't see. The depth of your descriptions and appreciation for perfume is stunning. Oh, and you can make me laugh out loud and sometimes just sit still in a cloud of happiness.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:13 pm

fabienne wrote:I think that the people who are on this forum are very well educated, well traveled, well read, responsible, whimsical, creative, and can write very well. I am often amazed at the things that you catch or notice which I didn't see. The depth of your descriptions and appreciation for perfume is stunning. Oh, and you can make me laugh out loud and sometimes just sit still in a cloud of happiness.

This! This really is a unique and lovely place. :hug:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:54 pm

It sure is a :hrt:: wonderful place xxx
Nice to see especially in this day and age.

noddygirl1
primordial
primordial

Post by noddygirl1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:33 am

Hello everyone. I got one of my pagages,very lovely,thank you fabienne,the extra samples are a nice treat. I ordered my vanilla samples before I placed the order I got today,is this normal,I've never ordered anything from USA before,so I have one but not the one I ordered first ?? Also none leaked,but maybe the vials expand during shipment or something cause trying to get the tops off is a problem with some,I cut my finger trying to pry one off and the whole top came off and went all over me. I will leave the ones that I can't open until I get some tips?? I'm dying to smell them but I'm scared I'll break them. And will my vanillas arrive eventually ?

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:49 am

Hi Noddygirl. No, it is not normal to have vials explode or cut you. That is very bad. Very. Please be careful with them. I have to buy vials by the zillion and have had several sources. It's hard to tell which one came from where but I am now buying them from a maker in the USA. They are more expensive but they are better quality. Alas, it would be impossible to tell where the ones you got came from. I can only say that the new vials are cycling through the system and should be the only ones you get in the future. I think that the extra expense is worth it.

As for what's normal regarding the postal service, I really don't know the answer to that and I have been shipping things around the world for 8+ years. If one package gets hung up in Customs and one goes right to you....I can't say if that is the regular thing or not. Have you tried to talk to your Post Office? We do give you a choice about shipping, if you wanted to pay more you could get a premium form of shipping but that isn't going to change how the Post Office or Customs handles packages once they get hold of them. But, I would try to talk to the Post Office where you are, please be sure to have the shipping number I gave you as they will probably ask for it.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:12 am

noddygirl1 wrote:Also none leaked,but maybe the vials expand during shipment or something cause trying to get the tops off is a problem with some,I cut my finger trying to pry one off and the whole top came off and went all over me. I will leave the ones that I can't open until I get some tips??
I've occasionally had vials that were hard to open, and what I do is get a tissue or paper towel, fold it once or twice, and use it to grab the top, then bend the top a little to one side (or rock it a little from side to side) as I pull. The paper towel serves as a cushion that lets me grip the top a lot tighter than I can with bare fingers (because that can really hurt), and somehow bending the top a little as you pull can help unseat it. The paper towel will also protect you a little if the top comes out so suddenly that some of the oil comes out. Good luck!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.