News In 2015

Announcements from Jennie and Tom about upcoming and current events at Possets and discussions from everyone else, too!

Moderator: Maya

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: News In 2015

Post by Annemathematics » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:42 pm

thank you, Fabienne! that's fantastic!
:pom: :bchamp: :pom:

oh, this article made me think of the gorgeous new bottles:
http://io9.com/cobalt-was-so-murderous- ... 1715470981

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:39 am

:hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:08 pm

The sale starts now, if you like! :hrt::

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:10 pm

Fabienne, the sale really is exciting news!!

Quick question. It seems like the three winners from the spring collection aren't on the list of permanents yet to add to the shopping cart. I was hoping to grab a bottle of the Seductive Jesuit (he's oh-so-seductive!!) Can I still do that if I add him as my "fifth bottle"?

Thank you!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:39 pm

The three winners from Spring are now on the Permanent list. :rose4u:

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:32 pm

fabienne wrote:The three winners from Spring are now on the Permanent list. :rose4u:
Thank you! Just placed my order :) The sale was very apropos, as my mother smelled "Seascape" and declared that she HAD to have a bottle too!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:54 pm

Oh my! Will have to check my budget. I'm very tempted to get another 2 or 3 of the Summer collection and grab some of the Permanents that I keep meaning to acquire!
The timing is great, I'll probably find something(s) of which I need an FB while testing various poppets/froppets for the 30 day challenge.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:14 am

:pom:

I will have to place an order tomorrow when I get paid. Thanks Fabienne!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Well, one of my favorite perfumes, Virginia-Humidity, is going to have to be reformulated. Drat. Here is what happened: I was mixing up another batch and didn't realize that I didn't have enough of one key ingredient to finish the batch. As I was almost done I realized I was short only 6ml of that key ingredient. I had everything together but that. So, I look up the ingredient on the vendor's website and I am sad to see that they don't sell it anymore. I call them and, yes, it has been discontinued. After a long conference with them, they persuaded me to try another ingredient which was even better in their opinion, it actually had knocked off the previous ingredient because it was such a hit in that category. I got my sample today and I must admit that it is amazing. So, I am going to finish this batch of Virginia with the new ingredient (which should have a slight influence on the batch, but I would say slight). Then next time I make it, I will use the new ingredient.

The current Virginia is now labeled Rev. 1, and the next batch will be labeled Rev. 2. I do not have any samples of Rev 1 now and won't have for weeks probably. I don't think you would know that anything changed unless I told you. I will also tell you when I do get new samples.

In the meantime, if you MUST have the old Virginia (or you will die on the spot) I have samples of it. About 7 samples would make a full 6ml for sure (these are handmade and so I err on the safe side when I say how much is in each vial). I hope that is not too confusing.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Oh, this story actually has a happy ending if the new replacement component gets higher reviews!